free hit
counters
Clash of the reptile Titans... - General Chat - The Lotus Forums - Official Lotus Community Partner Jump to content

IGNORED

Clash of the reptile Titans...

Vicki

Just found this on BBC news review and had to share. It brings a whole new meaning to "biting off more than you can chew". :D You've got to admire the ambition/stupidity of that snake. Just imagine if he'd managed it. :blink:

Sometimes there really are no winners - as was the case when an unusual clash between a 6ft (1.8m) alligator and a 13ft (3.9m) python left the two lethal predators dead in a Florida swamp.

Startled rangers who found the creatures' remains believe the python tried to swallow its fearsome rival whole, but then exploded - possibly when the alligator clawed at its innards in an attempt to escape.

1.jpg

Posted Image

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
  • Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just found this on BBC news review and had to share. It brings a whole new meaning to "biting off more than you can chew".  :D You've got to admire the ambition/stupidity of that snake. Just imagine if he'd managed it. :blink:

Sometimes there really are no winners - as was the case when an unusual clash between a 6ft (1.8m) alligator and a 13ft (3.9m) python left the two lethal predators dead in a Florida swamp.

Startled rangers who found the creatures' remains believe the python tried to swallow its fearsome rival whole, but then exploded - possibly when the alligator clawed at its innards in an attempt to escape.

1.jpg

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

1373.gifStupid snake :D , its quite unusual for a snake to actually swallow its prey before its suffocated it, it must have been hungry. I dont think alice would have attempted to eat an alligator, she,s scared stiff of mice :D , I think she would crap herself if she came across an alligator. It just goes to show the potential of them though "eh", not an animal to ever take for granted.350.gif

lady esprit drivers do it fast and furious

fahr03.gif 1st lieutenant to the Fearless red squadron

the gator was most likely dead when the python

swallowed it.

pythons are not native to Florida.

as with many areas of the world, non-native

species have been introduced.

in southern Florida, there is a large concentration

of wealth and many pets such as parrots and snakes

get released into the wild.

wildlife experts have seen the python population

steadily increasing and this is not the first such

confrontation observed between the python and alligator

in the Everglades.

the sharp claws on the gator seemed to have pierced

the snake as it moved, and like a balloon it popped

yuk!

chris

90SE

just because I don't CARE doesn't mean I don't UNDERDSTAND

I still can't completely discern what's what in that bizarre reptillian 'car crash!'

"When I was a kid I used to pray every night for a new bicycle. Then I realised that the Lord doesn't work that way so I stole one and asked him to forgive me."

------------------------------

ribbon200.gifG-Car Owner and Proud! ribbon200.gif