free hit
counters
New G Esprit Turbo HC Owner - Introductions - The Lotus Forums #ForTheOwners Jump to content

New G Esprit Turbo HC Owner

JoeEsprit

Hi all...have been lurking on here a while and have finally purchased an Esprit having been looking for what seems like years for a good example. The car is a 1987 Esprit Turbo HC Commemorative, number 15 of 21. I also own an Alpina B3 Bi-Turbo as the main daily car and have been an active member of the alpinaregister.com for some time. Looking forward to taking delivery of the Esprit in 2 weeks time and becoming and active member here, although I suspect I'll be seeking advice rather than helping others... :getmecoat:

In the meantime here are a few photo's

Joe

post-6811-1253994486_thumb.jpg

post-6811-1253994524_thumb.jpg

post-6811-1253994543_thumb.jpg

post-6811-1253994561_thumb.jpg

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
  • Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi and welcome to LEF, those special editions really look nice, I think it's one that Botus enquired about when he was looking for a Red HC with black leather trim and ended up with one of those.

I hope you're enjoying the car, you want to get as much fun out of while the nice weather lasts, you don't want to be too heavy footed with a TE when the roads are wet / snow covered / icy.

Andy

Very nice, welcome! You can get a matching pig skin luggage set for your car too :getmecoat:

Limited_Edition_Esprit_Luggage_003.jpg

88 Esprit NA, 89 Esprit Turbo SE, Evora, Evora S, Evora IPS, Evora S IPS, Evora S IPS SR, Evora 400, Elise S1, Elise S1 111s, Evora GT410 Sport

Evora NA

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators. I will aim to respond to emails/PM's Mon-Fri 9-6 GMT. 

Welcome aboard.

Is the car from Barry Ely's ?

Do you know Stephen Dell from the Alpine Owners club?

Wing Commander Dibble DFC<br /><br />
North Midlands Esprit Group<br /><br />
NMEG "the formidable squadron"<br /><br />
"probably the most active Esprit group in the world" Andy Betts, Castle Combe May 2007

Hi Joe, Great looking Esprit you have there! At last the Barry Ely car has a home, I hope you get as much pleasure as i have in my No.11!

Mike Kimberly at the launch of the Lotus Evora,

"These cars will be for the few who know the difference!"

Thanks Botus, yes it was for sale for a while, 2 years I think in total but not all the time with Barry. But then is wasn't exactly cheap so you had to really want it to buy it.

So number 15 in the UK, one has gone to Japan that I have read about, you have number 11, wonder where the other 18 are :lol:

Top looking car! welcome.

I am sure there ws a magazine article featuring that car I read somewhere....will dig back thorugh my collection at home.

found this

http://www.pistonheads.com/doc.asp?c=161&i=18947

Twitter @radioRedwards

Thanks Botus, yes it was for sale for a while, 2 years I think in total but not all the time with Barry. But then is wasn't exactly cheap so you had to really want it to buy it.

So number 15 in the UK, one has gone to Japan that I have read about, you have number 11, wonder where the other 18 are :)

I know it wasn't cheap, I think I mentioned a figure of

Edited by botus

Top looking car! welcome.

I am sure there ws a magazine article featuring that car I read somewhere....will dig back thorugh my collection at home.

found this

http://www.pistonheads.com/doc.asp?c=161&i=18947

yep already had that but thanks Rick. Would be great if you could dig out the other article though....

I know it wasn't cheap, I think I mentioned a figure of

Very nice and welcome Joe :)

Caught between a rock and a hard place in a catch 22 situation, So its 6 of one and half a dozen of the other. Your damned if you do, but your damned if you don't so shut your cock!!!!!!!!!!!

Lotus Espirt Turbo S3    

Lotus Esprit S4 

Lotus Elise S2 Sport 130

pig_zps6d7342f1.jpg

Welcome to the forum. That car looks great. I like the colour coding and the half-leather interior, much more practical than a full-leather interior in my opinion.

S4 Elan, Elan +2S, Federal-spec, World Championship Edition S2 Esprit #42, S1 Elise, Excel SE

• 2 weeks later...

Welcome Joe. The HC looks fantastic.

See you are based in the South so hopefully you can attend some of the SLEGS outings and meet up with some fellow owners.

Cliff

Men marry women with the hope they will never change. Women marry men with the hope they will change. Invariably they are both disappointed. : Albert Einstein

What a super looking car, both inside and out. Well done Joe. I like the idea of the matching luggage set.

Reminds me a little of the 'Special Edition' they did in the early 80's for those that invested in Lotus USA.

ACF782E.jpg

Gavin.

• 1 month later...

After much delay, ok lots and lots of delays, mainly due to waiting for tyres to be delivered and fitted I finally picked the car up today. It's had an engine bay spruce up including cam covers off and painted and now really just needs a damn good clean. I'm getting Paul from Shine On Detailing round to have a look at her in 10 days. I've used him before on my Alpina and he does a great job. Just in time to get her cleaned and garaged for winter... ermm.gif

After that, I'm planning to take it in for a once over early next year to see if anything actually needs doing. Other than that great car (took me a while to figure out how to get the keys out of the ignition hope.gif). Light on the rev counter is out and I'm absolutely certain that the bulbs in the headlights are actually candles dry.gif

I need to take some pics for the insurance company tomorrow so will put them up....

Joe

Stunning looking car Joe. What tyres have you had fitted? Its a recurring topic on here given the lack of availability in the right size.

Say hello to Barry from me next time you see him!

Mike

Loving Lionel and Eleanor......missing Charlie and Sonny

• 3 months later...

Hi Joe, I was just browsing Pistonheads Classified and was shocked to see your No.15 up for sale! I'm sad to see that you are getting rid after such a short time. I hope that the car hasn't let you down in anyway? All the best Bo