free hit
counters
Experiences with the S350 - Sport 350 Technical - The Lotus Forums Jump to content
streetz

Experiences with the S350

Hi to all,

I decided to start this topic to inform you about my experiences, up

Edited by streetz

Sport 350 - the Real Devil

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

Hehe, they're not downs.

Downs is when you have to shell out 4000 on something major and the car is out of business for months on end.

This is just routine maintenance :)

facebook = [email protected]

please note: there is a 'copyright' on the cylinder head-cover screw :yes: -I should sell such stuff as the *what you should have every time by hand* stuff, something to put in the trunk next to the spanners.. :)

@Holger: next work points -belt cover (i have an idea how you can get an 'one and only' version, made especially for you & out of CF) .. . Oh, and yes -i think we should sort out the misplacing of the main radiator pipes in front of the engine ! This car sounds so awful inside... .

to name the things if I see them, that's what I call integrity..

At Jonathan: I know, it is not a real Down, the car had its down after the engine blew up! :yes:

At Nello: Of course I take good care of the rims! The good thing to drive a rh car in Germany: You can always open the door and take good care of the gap between (former) 6.000 GBP rims and the kerb...

So far our improvisation is good - no leaks! Thanks to G

mention an extra pair of *flexible* hands , and small socket for air-cleaner elements :)

a common bug in Esprit V8 live

At Jonathan: I know, it is not a real Down, the car had its down after the engine blew up! :D

HAHA!!!

well, being the pilot that fateful day at the Nurburgring, I would say it was more of a dramatic swansong, and a real rock 'n roll way to do it........in style, with lots of smoke, at the most historic and challenging race circuit in the world.

had it blown up during a run out through some local roads, I'd have been more upset.

my only regret?......selling it.

use it, enjoy it, break it, mend it.........etc

That should read - "use it, enjoy it.... if you break it, get G

1996 Esprit V8, 1998 Esprit V8 GT, 1999 Esprit S350 #002 (Esprit GT1 replica project), 1996 Esprit V8 GT1 (chassis 114-001), 1992 Lotus Omega (927E), 1999 Esprit V8SE, 1999 Esprit S350 #032, 1995 Esprit S4s, 1999 Esprit V8 GT (ex-5th Gear project), 1999 Esprit V8SE ('02 rear)

1999 S350 #002 Esprit GT1 replica

hahaaa, if you guys mean i should fix everything for free -no, my time & reserves are limited. Some lost screws or misplaced radiator pipes is one thing, and also an caliper screw that is coming loose.. . Bud for now i have to keep the GT on the road (with various rebuilds that still need to be done: damper, full front-end rework, gearbox, AC, areal & HiFy system and so on.. )

The Elise is parked next to the GT, so there is an optional Place free in the woods -if necessary :rolleyes:

I really need to buy some tools and learn fast how to do things (maybe not with try-and-error), because otherwise G

Holger,

the guys here are right - that are just routine jobs, maintenance :rolleyes:

BTW, this is the part you are missing.

But maybe i can organize a original cover for you. Lets see.

esprit15012000256.jpg

cheers

Edited by gospeedv8

no, not this one ! Bud as I know you can 'organize' this kind of stuff i recommended him to contact you. What we need is the belt cover in front of the engine -as stock 3 piece, or maybe as an one-piece creation.. .

By the way, as i can't drive with my car around here in Winter (the odd snow-tire law, you know..) . If i undo my covers -can you make a copy of them !??

Or can you use your set to create an re fabrication in CF ?

Mike already asked if there are any news about the Esprit, but due to the fact, that I had an accident with the car of my father-in-law (in spe), this issue goes first. Luckily, the s350 has no probs, and runs just smoothly (although its raining cats and dogs in Berlin for the last three weeks - I know, you know that in the UK)!

The good thing with the little accident is, that I

Holger, do you think there is sunshine out here in GB ... :whistle:

the whole run from Netherlands up to the south of London was in bad weather-situation. All cars on the ferry are covered in some grey & dusty stuff. Daniel was proud of all those *streamlines* on the Elise body -OK, we have done a slightly fast run on the 1300km.

Wish you could be here, we are now in this moment in front of the main bar. With free wireless access of course !The tour to the coast was topless for daniel and jay.

Having a lot of nice conversations over here :cry:

..the evenig-event starts now! we have to go..

Well, I had my third start and the light (of course) did not go out by itself... So I have to search for the failure.

So far the Baby still runs great!!! And of course I will not do unnecessary trips with the Check Engine Light on!

the *ground*-problem seems to be still present on mine. We had to test some on the instrument in Belgium. From that point on i was making stop-over for refueling every 400-500km (just to be on the save side..)

Nothing else on 2600km and 6 rounds on the Lotus-track :(

(OK, apart from the SIR tell tale, bud that comes on 'routinely' every 8 months or so.. )

Edited by G

Wow, sounds great! And you even managed to race the track (what a real Lotus is made for :() without having problems. This shows of course, that your work was good :baby:

Good luck and see you soon (but hopefully no always just for problems :))!

Hi Holger,

Glad to see that you

1996 Esprit V8, 1998 Esprit V8 GT, 1999 Esprit S350 #002 (Esprit GT1 replica project), 1996 Esprit V8 GT1 (chassis 114-001), 1992 Lotus Omega (927E), 1999 Esprit V8SE, 1999 Esprit S350 #032, 1995 Esprit S4s, 1999 Esprit V8 GT (ex-5th Gear project), 1999 Esprit V8SE ('02 rear)

1999 S350 #002 Esprit GT1 replica

@ Esprit: Thank you for your whishes also via LEF!:whistle:

@ Mike: Thanks for the info on the IAT (the fact, that it is pumping more fuel, when measuring a high temp. I already knew :harhar:- of course from G

Maybe not exactly 3 Euros(OK, only in case we can find it on an engine out there in the scrapyards..), bud Mike think you know what i mean . This stuff should be available over here (as it was with the crank sealing rings, roll-pins and so on..)

What i need is references (NTC/PTC , Ohm, Voltages or anything like that) to find the problem in the wiring, or the sensor itself . temperatursensor-oem-daten.jpg Something like that, bud for the matching sensor used on the 918 application

For O2-reading: I can *replay* the Log/Scan-files later... .

Ohhh,and Mike -is there any installation documents for this additional instrumentation ? It just shows rubbish readings (the MAP-reading at most..) . So i would like to know if there is any calibration point. It does not read negative pressure while the engine is on idle -or at least while the engine is in 'under-pressure' situations [lets say the typical 35kPa on idle] :whistle:

Edited by G

Mike already told me, where the turbo gets its measuring from:

"The turbo gauge is sensing the pressure from the back of the plenum. You can see the black plastic take-off pipe that is T´d into the red hose on the rear RH side of the plenum. This black pipe runs into the cabin and comes out by the handbrake."

I think I already saw it!:whistle: But I didn´t know, that it is of such importance...:harhar:

Edited by streetz