free hit
counters
Code P1101 - ECU/OBDII - The Lotus Forums #ForTheOwners Jump to content

Code P1101

Ove Sweden

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 7 months later...

Thank you...

I am having a problem with code P1101. I tried the link above but it appears to not be working. Code you tell me what you did to solve this issue?

I have a very rough idle with OBD codes P1101 and a P0462. The exhaust is popping on the RH side and the car hestitates during first application of the throttle. The car is a US car but running a UK Sport 350 ECM. The EGR , Air Injection have been blocked and 240cc RC injectors injectors installed.

So far I have tries

1) I have tried new secondary and primary fuel pump relays

2) Fuel pressue is 55psi at pump start up. Remains around 52-57 during running and goes up to 60 when I hit the gass

3) OBD real time data shows the RH bank short term fuel trim ranging from -3.80% to 0.87%. LH bank short term fuel trim ranging from 0.0% to +4.15%!!

4) I have swapped the secondary injectors to see if I could notice any change...nothing noticable i think

5) I have un plugged and plugged all vacuum hoses while running to try and see if additional air or blocking the items has any effect. Nothing noticable.

6) I have swapped the o2 sensors between position 1 and 2 ( I have not cats ) No difference

7) I have looked at all ECM connections and plugs and see nothing damaged, dirty or worn.

8) I have replaced the fuel pressue sensor on the tank with a GM one.

9) I have tried a US ECM on my car a few months ago and the issue was the same

Any suggestions before I start tearing this car apart again?

I feel like its loading up at idle . The car accelereates fantastic after idle.

• Like 1

This code SEEMS to indicate there is a short in the #1 relay circuit, but you seem to have sufficient fuel pressure. The relay is controlled by the ECU and is also monitored by the ECU. I would get a voltmeter and trace the voltage to the primary fuel pump, (#1) starting with the wire going into the pump and working back through the relay and to the ECU.

Wayne

The Older I get the Faster I was

• 1 month later...

I am having a problem with code P1101. I tried the link above but it appears to not be working. Code you tell me what you did to solve this issue?

I have a very rough idle with OBD codes P1101 and a P0462. The exhaust is popping on the RH side and the car hestitates during first application of the throttle. The car is a US car but running a UK Sport 350 ECM. The EGR , Air Injection have been blocked and 240cc RC injectors injectors installed.

So far I have tries

1) I have tried new secondary and primary fuel pump relays

2) Fuel pressue is 55psi at pump start up. Remains around 52-57 during running and goes up to 60 when I hit the gass

3) OBD real time data shows the RH bank short term fuel trim ranging from -3.80% to 0.87%. LH bank short term fuel trim ranging from 0.0% to +4.15%!!

4) I have swapped the secondary injectors to see if I could notice any change...nothing noticable i think

5) I have un plugged and plugged all vacuum hoses while running to try and see if additional air or blocking the items has any effect. Nothing noticable.

6) I have swapped the o2 sensors between position 1 and 2 ( I have not cats ) No difference

7) I have looked at all ECM connections and plugs and see nothing damaged, dirty or worn.

8) I have replaced the fuel pressue sensor on the tank with a GM one.

9) I have tried a US ECM on my car a few months ago and the issue was the same

Any suggestions before I start tearing this car apart again?

I feel like its loading up at idle . The car accelereates fantastic after idle.

Ray,

What did you do to correct the condition mentioned above? I have similar condition on my 97 and your feedback would be very helpful.

Cheers,

Alan

Sadly not really. Car runs great, idles ok but still has that annoying poping sound and hesitation. The codes have been erased and have not returned. The Po462 fuel level one solved itself with a full tank of gas...

I feel the car is running lean at idle but no codes. I might try moving the TPS sensor around later this week a few positions and see if that has any affect on the off idle hesitation.

Have you done anything to your car lately? Maybe I could see a pattern between mine and yours. I also feel my car runs hotter.