free hit
counters
Insurance - The Lotus Forums 'Factory Frolic' 2009 - The Lotus Forums Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
roy3785

Insurance

Just got off the phone with Adrian flux.the insurance company equity redstar will not cover my esprit for the parade lap on sunday.anyone know of any company that do this type of cover.

Thanks Roy.

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

Didn't know you needed cover for a parade lap? It's not racing, time trialing is it?

I am with Classic Line, do I need to contact them?

David Walters

Just looking at indemnity form which says insurance policy in full force and effect to cover the risks associated with using a vehicle on track.

Roy.

There was a very long discussion about this on the last factory event, please see here to refresh your memory:

http://www.lotusespritforum.com/forums/index.php?/topic/6183-full-details/

To clarify, as per the important information displayed in the shop when everyone purchased their tickets; your own insurance must cover you for this type of event. The parade lap will take place on the Lotus test track which is a private road used for testing cars. This is in no way a race or competitive event, the parade laps will take place behind a pace car and there will be strictly no overtaking.

In the unlikely, worse case scenario you go and crash your car you need to be insured to cover this. If the wording on your policy does not make it clear that you will be covered for such an event please call your insurance company and check. The indemnity form asks you to confirm you have such an insurance, if you can not sign it in good faith you will not be permitted to take part in the parade lap.

This should not come as a surprise, everyone who has a ticket purchased it through the shop, to purchase a ticket you had to scroll past all of this information so I would hope the titles 'important information' and 'Terms and conditions for ticket purchase' would have insured everyone actually read this information!

Right, just called my insurer CLASSICLINE and read them this:

"The parade lap will take place on the Lotus test track which is a private road used for testing cars. This is in no way a race or competitive event, the parade laps will take place behind a pace car and there will be strictly no overtaking."

They will issue me a letter and i will be insured at no cost.

:)

HOWEVER!!!!!!!!!!!

(and i got them to check this over and over as they knew i was posting it on the forum) WHILE ON THE TRACK MY EXCESS RISES TO £1000 (ONE THOUSAND POUNDS).

Thought i'd share that for anyone on Classicline.

:gathering:

..as so, if an insurance even allows 'track-day' use it should be fine for the Lotus lawyers :gathering: Not that I'm really a fast guy, bud this weekend was just the best point to check all what is written in small letters in my insurance papers :)

Ohh, and if Lotus-cars can announce that as 'safety-training' i will get credits on future insurances :)

Edited by G

to name the things if I see them, that's what I call integrity..

HOWEVER!!!!!!!!!!!

(and i got them to check this over and over as they knew i was posting it on the forum) WHILE ON THE TRACK MY EXCESS RISES TO

No parade lap for me no.gif

censored.gif Insurance company!!

Especially as it is probably more dangerous driving on public roads.

Will make sure next time I renew that I am covered.

Mmm...

Not many replies on this, i assume everyone has either phoned their insurer and got it added for the day, or already had done?

It's not the 'Lotus Lawyers' that bother me Gunter, it's the thought of me bashing a £20,000 Esprit and not being able to pay for the repair (or someone with no insurance bashing me and not being able to pay for the damage!). Only took a phone call to sort, bargain really.

:bounce:

mine will cost more, so keep away from my tail end ! :bounce:

to name the things if I see them, that's what I call integrity..

wallbash.gif

Hi all,just rang my insurance company, gave all info (GREY AREA),worried about the word (TRACK) so Nooooooooo

Thats with Mercedes insurance

Did you tell them it's a test track and not a race track?

88 Esprit NA, 89 Esprit Turbo SE, Evora, Evora S, Evora IPS, Evora S IPS, Evora S IPS SR, Evora 400, Elise S1, Elise S1 111s, Evora GT410 Sport

Evora NA

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators

it's the thought of me bashing a £20,000 Esprit and not being able to pay for the repair

It's extremely rare, almost unheard of infact, that trackday insurance covers you for damage to other cars. They'll pay for your car to be fixed, but third parties are on their own. You would have no recourse (via an insurance company) if the teenager in the Saxo breaks a chunk off your Zonda while you are both on track.

It's a situation which is known and accepted by trackday participants.

I spoke to my insurance company about this, Hagerty, and as its a private road you need additional cover which 10% of your yearly premium PLUS 5% tax.

1982 DeLorean DMC 12 #16327, 1999 Lotus Elise, 1998 Lotus Esprit GT3 #2272, 2011 Lotus Evora S, 2013 Lotus Exige S,2016 Lotus Evora 400

Does this mean it will be the worlds smallest parade lap now?

Question are Lotus wanting you to be covered 3rd party against you trashing their track and against you hitting employee/member of public (eg engine/car fire which knackers the track that has to be relayed)?

Those track indemnity forms haven't changed in 5 years as far as I know. For the reason, you'll have to contact them as I've no idea!

88 Esprit NA, 89 Esprit Turbo SE, Evora, Evora S, Evora IPS, Evora S IPS, Evora S IPS SR, Evora 400, Elise S1, Elise S1 111s, Evora GT410 Sport

Evora NA

Well after a quick phone call I am now with Classicline and am covered for the parade lap. And paying less for my cover too!!!

Cheers for the info Paul (C) I owe you a drink.

Sue

If you'd joined the forum as a full member you'd have got an extra 15% off, doh!

Evora NA

NOW you tell me!!!!!

Don't feel so bad, i can't remember if i've got/asked for the discount on mine!

Fast as ever, classicline have already sent me a letter, seems they know more about the event now (forum members calling them?) as the letter states the event. It says something about covering as per 'section two' of my policy, which i assume alludes to GKP's advice that while covered it might be third party perhaps. Maybe Vicki will drive anyway, have not ever been on a track and not hit the tyrewall or something else, i've no natural ability at all, TBH i should not be behind the wheel of anything outside of a fairground.

Now you've said that I'll think we'll make it a condition of your participation that Vicki drives.

You say that, but Vic uses cars, kerbs, grass, gravel and tyrewalls as some kind of 'Braille'.

She once crashed the toaster making breakfast.

Seriously guys, stay well away from the silver Elise (whoever is driving) all bloody weekend.

(can you see how i'm creating my own 'insurance' here?, keeping the world away from my car?)

There's going to be some special indemnity forms coming your way.

Maybe Vicki will drive anyway, have not ever been on a track and not hit the tyrewall or something else, i've no natural ability at all, TBH i should not be behind the wheel of anything outside of a fairground.

is this your way of getting to be the designated drinker?