free hit
counters
Made it home! - The Lotus Forums 'Factory Frolic' 2009 - The Lotus Forums Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
Boots

Made it home!

Made it home without playing a tune with my gearbox.

Thanks for your help Sparky. Mr John has ordered a new master cylinder.

Thanks to Bibs and Laura for a fantastic weekend and thanks to all the guys and gals who made me feel welcome. Even though I came by myself and being a newbie I really felt part of the forum.

Sue

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

Good to see you Sue. nice to see you! We have you now, you won't escape!! And yes all our events are like that....cool aren't they!!

Sparky is everyone's hero.

Hey Kimbers when I work the kinks out of my neck from 8 hours of driving and my feet stop aching from walking 20 miles around the factory I will let you know!!!!!

Seriously had a great time and it was a pleasure meeting all of you, especially your Dad who strikes me as a true car enthuiast, sincere and above all a real geneman. Please pass on all my best for a full and speedy recovery.

Will be at all the events I can (babysitter willing (big up to Mr John who made it possible)).

As for sparky I didn't look but does he have a big S hidden under his shirt???

Sue

Are you sure you were looking in the right place????

It seems like you and him are very close. Maybe a bit toooooo close????

Piko, you are correct - it's a huge one.

No worries Sue, happy to be of service! However, I'd be looking at the slave cylinder first...

Sparky,

Are you saying that I've ordered the wrong bits!

Sue came home and said that you had found brake fluid in the footwell and so I immediately organised a new master cylinder as its her daily driver and a pain if its off the road for any length of time. Its dark in the evenings when I get home from work so I haven't had a chance to look at it myself yet.

Did she give me duff info?

John

p.s. Thanks so much for helping her get home

Whoops. Footwell was dry, so I'm pretty sure it's the slave!

No problem Sparky,

You probably said ''if you've got fluid in the footwell, then....'' and she missheard, no harm done. I will get a torch out and have a look tonight. As you say my first investigations would have focussed on the slave but for Sue's comments...

Women eh!

She gets 'in a bit of a state' when her baby breaks down (and to be fair its only happened twice in the last 9 months, which is not bad for a 25 year old car) so she probably wasn't thinking straight.

sofa.gif

Later......

ouch.gif ok dear, Its my fault, I'll go and make up the bed in the shed, now if you could just put down the rolling pin....

Its ok boys I'm not gonna fight this one.

I came home and repeated exactly what you told me Sparky 'slave cylinder'. It was the one with the beard, overalls and exploded diagrams that asked what you did and when I said you looked in the footwell he immediately said 'well thats the master cylinder'. Even though I protested and repeated what you said I was over ruled. wallbash.gif

Next time I think you should speak directly to the 'hired help' as you all talk gobbldygook anyway.gathering.gif

I propose a fair division of labour:- I drive the car and he fixes it. Now thats fair isnt it??? innocent.gif

Sue

All fixed :-)

Thanks sparky for the tip about using easy bleed that certainly made it go well.

John