free hit
counters
round light conversion - Interior/Exterior/Lights/Glass/Alarms/ICE/HVAC - The Lotus Forums Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
neil e

round light conversion

I am have this fitted to my gt.

Some of the fibreglass has had to be removed where the original lights were fitted for the round light panel to fit.

Who ever has done this what did you do to keep the water out. Did you just attack the inside with silicone seal, or from the outside, or before the panel is fited. ??? It was one from sj's and quite a bit of rubbing down etc has been done just to get it to fit at all.

Just wondering whats the best way as the whole kit is a bit of make it up as you go along.

Cheers

Neil

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

Both,

Superdavelotus has done this conversion look here.

http://espritperformance.com/espritperformance/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=24&Itemid=35

Pricing etc here

http://espritperformance.com/espritperformance/index.php?option=com_virtuemart&page=shop.browse&category_id=4&Itemid=35

Wayne, it wouldn't fit the G shape car without some serious messing, if at all. The G cars are a lot more difficult to upgrade as can be seen from some of the poorer example on here.

The best upgraded G back end is Silverfrosts in my opinion. It looks mega clean and has improved the original. see this thread.

http://www.lotusespritforum.com/forums/index.php?/topic/14537-more-holes-in-the-esprit/

Im actually thinking on the lines of the 355 rear lights. Spoke to a company about this and they can supply the rear lights as a set for

Hear what your saying, not sure on the round lights against the squared off box shape.

Suggest you get someone to photoshop your intentions on before you get going on fabrication. You don't want to find half way through that it looks like a dogs breakfast.

If I where going to fit round rear lights that the only way to go on an old esprit wpuld be to go the whole hog and mesh the whole rear like the f40. But i like the rover back lights!

regards danny

I did this round light conversion a while back, I used the Exige LED ones, you can just about see the ring of led's in this pic

post-1988-125755002523_thumb.jpg

-Marcus

SoCal USA