free hit
counters
NWEG goes to the NEC Classic car Show - Topics - The Lotus Forums #ForTheOwners Jump to content

NWEG goes to the NEC Classic car Show

Robert Crooks

NWEGers

I propose that the November run out should be to the NEC for the Classic Car Show. How many of the gang can do this on Sunday 15 November?

I was also going to suggest that we try and meet on a weekday evening in the next couple of weeks at a pub in Knutsford. Who is up for this, subject to date?

Robert

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
  • Replies 11
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

NMEG will be present ............ it's on our patch :whistle:

I imagine there'll be flights all over the weekend so I'm sure we can meet up and form a super convoy at some stage :harhar:

Wing Commander Dibble DFC<br /><br />
North Midlands Esprit Group<br /><br />
NMEG "the formidable squadron"<br /><br />
"probably the most active Esprit group in the world" Andy Betts, Castle Combe May 2007

• 2 weeks later...

So far I have confirmed daytrippers on Sunday 15th of Tony Chapman and David Walters. Alan-C is a possible.

The show opens at 09.30 on the Sunday, and at present the plan is to go early to get there for opening or shortly after.

So that means Tony and I will be leaving Marple, near Stockport, somewhere around 7.30 to 08.00, the plan then being to hook up with David coming from the Wirral at a convenient point on the journey. We are considering taking a cross country route to avoid some of the roadworks on the M6, possibly via Ashbourne and down the A38. However, this is still to be decided and depends on where any other daytrippers are starting from.

Alan-C, would this work for you in terms of timing. and route? If so, where would be best to meet up with you? If not, what alternative would work for you?

Are there any other NWEGers interested in this day-trip, whether travelling with us or making your own way there?

Robert

Robert,

Subject to your final planning, I'll hook up with you 'en route.

Leek/Ashbourne if that's where your fancy takes you.

I'll not be going into the NEC ( I'm there all day Saturday ) so I'll scoot off home again just before you get to the NEC.

I'll keep checking into this thread for route/timings updates.

Cheers,

Graham

Wing Commander Dibble DFC<br /><br />
North Midlands Esprit Group<br /><br />
NMEG "the formidable squadron"<br /><br />
"probably the most active Esprit group in the world" Andy Betts, Castle Combe May 2007