free hit
counters
Post factory frolic frenzy - Topics - The Lotus Forums - Lotus Community Partner #ForTheOwners Jump to content

IGNORED

Post factory frolic frenzy

Backmarker

Guys,

Apologies for the short notice.

The plan is to meet up this Sunday for a hoon so that those that went to the Factory Frolic last weekend can tell all those that didn't all the sordid details

Initially we were going to RAF Cosford with a viewing to having lunch at The Lamb so that the Christmas bash could be booked.

However, this years Christmas bash will not be at The Lamb and Dave Oneshot is currently charged with finding a suitable alternative hostelry.

This weekend, depending upon attendees we can stick with plan A above or choose an alternative.

Sign on below and indicate whether you would prefer RAF Cosford or another venue

1. Backmarker

Wing Commander Dibble DFC<br /><br />
North Midlands Esprit Group<br /><br />
NMEG "the formidable squadron"<br /><br />
"probably the most active Esprit group in the world" Andy Betts, Castle Combe May 2007

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
  • Replies 15
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't fancy an early start especially as the clocks go back on Saturday.

How about 10am Market Drayton?

Ignore the PM I've just sent to you Si. I hadn't read your post before sending.

Graham

"probably the most active Esprit group in the world" Andy Betts, Castle Combe May 2007

Got a yes from the Boss, Where in Market Drayton we meeting, same pub as to Cholmondley Castle? Hopefully weather will be better than today.

Actually just looked at the map and it would be better for us to meet you on the outskirts of Shrewsbury, bout 10.30ish

Ade/Simon

I'll ( we'll ) leave Mkt Drayton at 10.00 and do the A53/A49 to Shrewsbury.

Not sure where to meet though Ade. Probably first layby on A5 heading towards M54/Telford ( if such a layby exist :question: )

We have each others mobile numbers

Hope you can make it for 10.00 Si. If not we'll catch you later

DON'T FORGET TO PUT THOSE CLOCKS BACK !!!!!!!!!

ps

Guys,

Had a peep at Google maps and there is indeed a layby ( landing strip ) on the A5 about half a mile from the roundabout junction with the A49.

Meet you there Ade about 10.30ish

Oh dear what a disappointment !

Having reversed the Esprit out of the garage this morning, I noticed a very audible "ticking" noise coming from the engine bay.

Panic set in but I decided to let the car reach operating temperature before deciding what to do.

The "ticking" did not abate so I decided to text Ade and Simon and warn them I would not be flying today.

Switched off and went inside to sulk and ponder.

Re-started the Esprit and the "ticking" noise was still there.

Then a call from Ade. His considered opinion was sticking valves. Apparently the Esprit is fitted with pneumatic valves which I remember from my Ducati days.

That said, caution dictated cancelling the meeting .............. bugger !

The Esprit has stood for 8 weeks, the longest period it has not been used whilst in my ownership.

Later in the day I decided to put the Esprit back in the garage.

The "ticking" noise had gone :question:

So it looks like Ade was right, pneumatic valves sticking because of lack of use.

Plan is to have a blast on saturday .............. just to clear the cobwebs and those bloody valves

Roll on the next meet at the NEC

Sounded good to me Trev.

Perhaps I misunderstood, which is very easy for me if its got anything to do with the big red lumpy thing that sits behind me in the car :question:

Graham, dont quote me mate I know nowt. Think I meant hydraulic, but not sure that's right either, any road up glad it's ok, i was fairy sure it was due to standing for so long and just needed a run. 4pots are so much simpler:rolleyes:

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.