free hit
counters
Ferrari 360 - Lotus / Motoring / Cars Chat - The Lotus Forums - Lotus Community Partner #ForTheOwners Jump to content

IGNORED

Ferrari 360

I took my SE out today for a Sunday ride over to a girl friend's house for dinner.

I was on a road that was quite bumpy and lots of police were driving along so I was just tooling along about 35 mph. Came to a light and a Modena pulled up next to me. The guy blipped his engine a couple of times and man that exhaust note was pure aureal Heaven!!! I wasn't even in a "car" mood and that sound still got my blood boiling! I wish mine could sound half as good as that. He spun his tires and lept forward for about 40 ft then matched speed with the car in front of him. The car in front of me had not even moved, so I could not respond even had I wanted to. After that he ignored me and eventually turned off the road I was on.

That sure is a pretty car. I am planning on the Lotus suspension upgrade, red race chip 6, WC turbo, and S4s inlet valves. I wonder how it would stack up against the much more modern 360 with equal drivers.

Either way, they are both beautiful and exotic cars.

Maybe my next encounter will be more telling... :-)

Edited by ragingfool35

chris

90SE

just because I don't CARE doesn't mean I don't UNDERDSTAND

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
  • Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm also hoping to get "proper" sound from my car when we change the exhaust pipe. Last summer I also managed to hear Ferrari F430's sound, when it fully accelarated, that sound is very memoriable :blink:

Check my blog and leave comments/suggestions Jussi's photography blog

See you in G+ Jussi Alanko in Google+

Hahaha

You need to speak to Dave McKenna who happened upon a 360 being driven by the son of a certain former Lotus F1 driver...

The lad had a spot of motoring experience himself and apparently the car had been somewhat 'breathed upon' after market by Ferrari themselves.

Dave had a chipped GT3.

I shall see if I can get him to reply to this himself...

"When I was a kid I used to pray every night for a new bicycle. Then I realised that the Lord doesn't work that way so I stole one and asked him to forgive me."

------------------------------

ribbon200.gifG-Car Owner and Proud! ribbon200.gif

Hahaha

You need to speak to Dave McKenna who happened upon a 360 being driven by the son of a certain former Lotus F1 driver...

The lad had a spot of motoring experience himself and apparently the car had been somewhat 'breathed upon' after market by Ferrari themselves.

Dave had a chipped GT3.

I shall see if I can get him to reply to this himself...

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

that would be good reading

but where can I get those streamers for the mirrors? :o

chris

90SE

just because I don't CARE doesn't mean I don't UNDERDSTAND

'Dave had a chipped GT3' - and some !! and still got it.

On my encounter I pulled away on gear changes, probably because I held the gears longer. After a very spirited ride locked together by the bumpers, we pulled over. He exclaimed, "what the f**k have you got in there, 3.5l twin turbo aren't they ????" No was my response 2.0l single turbo, light weight. "Jezus, my car has been tuned by Marinello in Italy especially for me and I had difficulty keeping up with you, that goes like stink". At this point I recognised him - Damon Hill.

Since then, I've had the X180 exhaust fitted and has now got the right exhaust note, especially with the cat removed, plus some 'other bits'. Not quite the same as a Ferrari, but at least it's British and doesn't cost