free hit
counters
Lotus Esprit V8 (13,500GBP) - Lotusforsale.com - Latest Ads - The Lotus Forums #ForTheOwners Jump to content

Lotus Esprit V8 (13,500GBP)

Lotus Esprit V8 (1996) in Dark Metalic Blue with matching piped leather interior. 43K milesThis V8 has had no expence spared on it in my ownership. Total spend is over £9k in the last 12 months alone with South West Lotus Centre to get this V8 Esprit it in its current condition. Serviceing, including Belts changed, New hoses, New ECU, New Cat, New Oxigen sencers, New recirculation pump, New sports tips, New Alternator, 2 new petrol tanks that now come with lifetime gurantees, both Turbos replaced to name but a few items, all in the last 12 months. Mot until end of April 2010 and 6 months tax. Everything works well including all electrics and air conditioning. (except fuel gauge which South West Lotus Centre will be fix prior to sale)I only recieved this car back 1 week ago from South West Lotus Centre after spending £5.5K (taking the engine out getting both the tanks replaced) The day after I got it back, I drove the 900 odd miles return trip to the Lotus Factory in Norfolk last weekend and it performed flawlessly. Overall condition of the car is good inside and out. Stone chips to the front vallance and a small scuff to the leather above the DVD player.Looks and sounds awesome with fantastic performance to match.No test pilots, no canvesors, no part-ex, no offers. Funds to be cleared before car will be released.Number plate will also be included (valued at 1K)

View the full article

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
  • Replies 11
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Yep thats mine.

I'd love this go to a Forum member really. Somebody (in my opinion) will get a bargain. Sooo many parts replaced over the last year.

Only reason for selling is the fact that I have drastically overspent on it and need to replenish funds. Not going to be takeing any offers at all Si - That really is rock bottom anyway with whats been spent :whistle: Thanks for a couple of pics I pinched from Factory Frolic attendees.

Edited by mayesprit

Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk - that will teach us to keep mouth shut!

Sell one of your livers, you dont need 2 :harhar:

I hope it doesn't sell...

....and you find the money from elsewhere to keep it :whistle:

IMHO though I think Esprits sell regardless of price - look at Paul C's very low price and it didn't sell for ages - I think when the right buyer comes up they'll buy it so dont beat the price down at all or you'll end up giving it away to someone who'd have paid more for it. I also think the colour is rare enough for it to stand up too.

facebook = [email protected]

Sad news that you are selling it. And what a price.

Of course it's difficult to compare, because I'am living in this 'tax-loving' country. But my car has more tax on it what you askmellow.gif

And your car is much better condition after so many repairs.

Just keep it!

Sad news Ian :question:

If I have a momeny enough, I like to buy but as you all know I'm living

also very high TAX countory !(just import TAX for V8 will be over

Sell one of your livers, you dont need 2 :question:

I hope it doesn't sell...

Sadly i hope it does.

:(

I was speaking to Ian ealier this year and his cat bill had him putting the car up for sale, and now since that time it has taken another five and a half thousand pounds off him. They are great cars, but when you maintain them properly regardless of cost (as Ian does, it's a fine car), when you want to sell you want to sell - fast.

The sad fact is this, if Ian had taken an offer back in May/June that was five grand less than his asking price now, then that would have been more lucrative than keeping and maintaining the car for another five months, paying another big bill, and then selling.

IMO, the people that pipe up 'don't sell' or 'don't drop your price' when an Esprit owner has had enough, should all subscribe to a Paypal account to fund the next bill on that persons car. Because the 'you'll regret it!' only applies to those teased and encouraged into keeping it beyond their budget and interest.

I hope it sells fast to an enthusiast owner Ian, and i await your arrival in the little lotus club (once we've shoehorned you into one).

:question:

Paul C's very low price and it didn't sell for ages

This is true mate, but the higher priced SE cars that were for sale when mine was 'cheap' are still for sale now! and a guy that viewed mine went off to buy an SE for a grand less as it was a 'better car', i think my price was a real market value and not really that low at all. Had i got a bill like Ian's last bill while i was selling then it would have meant the end of lotus ownership for me.

:question:

:)

I think you'll find you only have one liver matey!! 2 Kidneys!!

So sad to see you are selling her Ian. Such a shame, I hope she sells quickly and you recover your costs.

Possibly save your life. Check out this website.
http://everyman-campaign.org/

Distributor for 'Every Male' grooming products. (Discounts for any TLF members hairier than I am!)

Thanks for the kind words chaps. Now got to sort the wheat from the chaff - A couple of time wasters already.

Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk - that will teach us to keep mouth shut!