free hit
counters
1998 V8 twin turbo tech. help wanted - Engine/Ancilliaries - The Lotus Forums Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
terryf

1998 V8 twin turbo tech. help wanted

I know this isn't a technical Forum,but where can I find one? My speedo works some days but not others,any ideas?

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

Hi there,

We need move info. It's going to be electric and probably bad connections somewhere. I would try the clock itself and the plug to the rear. After that check your earths. you need to take the cover of the dash and when it's not working then check to see if you are getting any power to the plug and/or speedo with a multimeter.

For earthing problems try running a wire from the earth of your speedo to the door pillar or other good earthing point and see if you still get the same problems.

It also could be the speedo itself.

It's hard to say without more info.

When it's not working just bang the top of the dash and see what happens! LOL! Not very techinical but I've fixed many a broken dash electrics on other cars!

David

Welcome to LEF Terry. You are in the right place to get the help and support you need. Not to mention the fun and insanity along the way....! thumbup.gif