free hit
counters
Ferrari F599 - Lotus / Motoring / Cars Chat - The Lotus Forums #ForTheOwners Jump to content

Ferrari F599

Is the F599 Hotter Than All Get Out --or-- Are You Blind?  

29 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
  • Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

you know... I don't know.

Takes the Scaglietti and makes it less offensive. But... not my thing. A few Daytona cues from the back...

Doesn't end my disappointment streak with modern Ferraris (since the Enzo)

slade

"It's called a fire hydrant. Firemen like to stick their hose in it, and eventually squirt water from it."

Owner of 86 TE HCI, and 55 Chevy. Stare at broken down TR7

I think it's hard with these type of front engined coupes for Ferrari, Maserati and others to design something unique that couldn't have been pressed out by any of the major manufacturers. If you didn't know, swapping the badge for a GM/Ford/Peugeot/Toyota etc would be plausible. As for what's underneath the body yes they are special. But so is what's under an M5, Nissan GTR, Mitsu evo and a lot of others without that exalted pedigree.

Ferrari and the others have an easier wow factor with their rear engined supercars. Probably because the other manufacturers don't produce anything similar.

DanR

I agree.. Ferrari should stick to Rear engines and sleek designs....

I think both the 612 Scageletti and this 599 thing (nice as they are) are creeping suspicously towards the Aston Martin look. Especially at the front end.

EspritMiltonKeynes - ironically now lives in Edinburgh London (SE4)

I think that's an insult to Nissan, Peugeot etc etc eg The Supra looks good... The NSX looks striking (admitedly mid-engined but far eastern of origin) Personally the Pininfarina 406 looks better than this...

To me, this is a vile piece of poo, like the scag which has offended my eyes on more than one occasion! :o

Flaming bag of POO!!!!

"When I was a kid I used to pray every night for a new bicycle. Then I realised that the Lord doesn't work that way so I stole one and asked him to forgive me."

------------------------------

ribbon200.gifG-Car Owner and Proud! ribbon200.gif

Hahaha - Hugely ironic! Reviews of the Hyundai Coupe when it first came out, said it looked like a Ferrari... NOw Fez have made a new car that looks like the Hyundai!

Lmao

At least the 360(etc) LOOKED like a supercar. The 456 was what it was - it was for the likes of my ex-gf's Dad, who knew he'd look like a nob in a 355 or 360, yet had the money and willing, at last to buy himself a really nice (new!) car. As most were doing, he bought a DB7 (now has a DB9 - lucky sod!) It was their attempt at a more anonymous / less larey car for the people who actually HAD the money at the time! (older execs...)

This however, like the bag of scag, floors me!

"When I was a kid I used to pray every night for a new bicycle. Then I realised that the Lord doesn't work that way so I stole one and asked him to forgive me."

------------------------------

ribbon200.gifG-Car Owner and Proud! ribbon200.gif

Hmm. Hard to say :P in my opinion it doesn't look like "a real" Ferrari. It's not that curvy sporty looking :P

It kind of really looks like a Hyundai :o

Check my blog and leave comments/suggestions Jussi's photography blog

See you in G+ Jussi Alanko in Google+

I don't like this whole "Ferrari-worthy" argument. A hot car is a hot car, and that car is hot.

If it had a Lexus or GM badge I would say the same.

What will make it a Ferrari is the engineering, build quality, and exclusivity.

Lucas.

Luke Colorado, Super Spy.   -  Lotus Owner No Longer

1987 Zender Widebody 560SEC | 1994 Lotus Esprit S4 | 2013 Honda Fit EV (#269)

Did the designer of this dancing donkey have a wife or girfriend that was into josticks,magic and witchcraft! WHATS WITH THE STAR ALLOY WHEELS :o

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

hahaha...

yeah does look a bit blair witch doesn't it?

EspritMiltonKeynes - ironically now lives in Edinburgh London (SE4)

+1 cheerleaders.

anyways, I think the star mags are supposed to be reminiscent of the 80s ones on just about every ferrari. Nicest part of the car in my opinion.

slade

"It's called a fire hydrant. Firemen like to stick their hose in it, and eventually squirt water from it."

Owner of 86 TE HCI, and 55 Chevy. Stare at broken down TR7