free hit
counters
How many 2-Elevens - 2-Eleven Chat - The Lotus Forums Jump to content
de_futter@msn.com

How many 2-Elevens

How many 2-Elevens are there out there?

How man have been built and how many have been sold?

Question was raised on SELOC chat forum and I thought somebody on here might know (Scott?)

Saving up for a sequential gearbox

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
How many 2-Elevens are there out there?

How man have been built and how many have been sold?

Question was raised on SELOC chat forum and I thought somebody on here might know (Scott?)

I've just had a transporter turn up and I have off loaded an Elise, an Exige and 2 X 2 Elevens; one is sold, and the other is stock. The build numbers are 149 and 150.

I presume that the numbers are units built worldwide.

To date we have sold 18, and I reckon there will be more than a few more over the summer - though I really can't say how long the delivery times could possibly be.

I will try to investigate a little more and see where each chassis number / build number went. Be great to see a numbered register.

Cheers,

Scott.

That will be easy enough to do on here, I'll sort out a thread where everyone can add which car they have with the chassis number and their location/details etc. :)

I've heard that there are about 170 cars sold to date, I'll see if I can confirm this later.

Close, it's 168! :whistle:

Edited by Kimbers

88 Esprit NA, 89 Esprit Turbo SE, Evora, Evora S, Evora IPS, Evora S IPS, Evora S IPS SR, Evora 400, Elise S1, Elise S1 111s, Evora GT410 Sport

Evora NA

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators

According to my dealer there were 34 sold in the U.S. for 2008. I was the last one to place an order but my paperwork may have gotten in somewhere up on the list. Delivery is rumored to be May/June-ish. I know of another buyer in upstate New York and one in Dallas. Have not heard of any others yet. Seems like most are keeping mum. I am to a degree, locally.

Number 350 has recently rolled down the line at Hethel.

88 Esprit NA, 89 Esprit Turbo SE, Evora, Evora S, Evora IPS, Evora S IPS, Evora S IPS SR, Evora 400, Elise S1, Elise S1 111s, Evora GT410 Sport

Evora NA

Thanks Bibs - would be good to know what the last chassis number is. Guess we will have to wait until Christmas when you unwrap your present from Hethel (you are still expecting a gift wrapped 2-11 aren't you?)

Saving up for a sequential gearbox

They're still building them Del, not many but they're still available. Not sure how much longer this will last for due to the engine supply issue but I expect your car will become a rarer beast before long.

Evora NA

I've just received an Email from Andy Graham (Lotus Archives) :

Our ex-CEO ordered the last 2-Eleven, so you are now 25th from last.

Since I have #301, this would mean, that only 325 have been built worldwide.

Edited by jbs

Thanks Bibs - would be good to know what the last chassis number is. Guess we will have to wait until Christmas when you unwrap your present from Hethel (you are still expecting a gift wrapped 2-11 aren't you?)

I have on very good authority the last one was #358.

Welcome to TLF Paul. :welcome:

Duck over to the Introductions area and say hi in there with some pics of your car.

I don't think we've had anyone on here with an Atom before. :detective:

All we know is that when they stop making this, we will be properly, properly sad.Jeremy Clarkson on the Esprit.

Opinions are like armpits. Everyone has them, some just stink more than others.

Hi Michael

I joined TLF just as I was in the process of buying my Lotus, which is fantastic. If you didn't guess it is a 2-11, the last one made, number 358! The only downside is I don't have the Atom anymore. I guess I better update my profile!

Paul