free hit
counters
Which options.... - Body/Aero/Other (including track set up info) - The Lotus Forums #ForTheOwners Jump to content

When I placed the order for the 2-11, here stateside, the only option available was a choice of color. Even that was not immediately known, I stumbled upon it on one of the U.K. sites.

For those of you in the U.K. who have 2-11's already in your hot little hands, what options were available to you at time of purchase?

Things I m looking for are a complete built-in fire supresion system, blanking cover for over the passenger side of the car,

full competition roll cage, GT syle quick release wheels, better instrumentation.

As it stands I am thinking that these items will have to come after I get the car. It would really make a lot more sense to have this available from the factory as this is being sold here as a "track only" car.

Anyone?

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
  • Replies 11
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This list of options listed on a recent press release regarding the 'Entry Level' car... The options are listed as 'Options UK' and 'Options EU' so I guess they aren't available in the States for some reason?

Sport Pack:

88 Esprit NA, 89 Esprit Turbo SE, Evora, Evora S, Evora IPS, Evora S IPS, Evora S IPS SR, Evora 400, Elise S1, Elise S1 111s, Evora GT410 Sport

Evora NA

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators. I will aim to respond to emails/PM's Mon-Fri 9-6 GMT. 

Thanks gents. I've made my shopping list and will be visiting with the dealer on Monday when I go pick up my Esprit.

1800 pounds for the fire system is a bit much though. I can put one in from local suppliers for considerably less than that. The one in my 61 was less than 500 U.S.

Al

That's the Euro price, GBP is 1,495 which with the $ as it is still doesn't make it a particularly cheap option!

88 Esprit NA, 89 Esprit Turbo SE, Evora, Evora S, Evora IPS, Evora S IPS, Evora S IPS SR, Evora 400, Elise S1, Elise S1 111s, Evora GT410 Sport

Evora NA

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators. I will aim to respond to emails/PM's Mon-Fri 9-6 GMT. 

That is available now from Lotus Sport.

I'm having one fitted this Thursday - as long as it stops raining sufficiently for me to drive to Hethel and back......... :D

For you UK based people, the car lives at B&C so you'll have chance to see the tonneau in their showroom.

I'll post some pics too.

Oh! I'm around Thursday myself...have to pop in and say hi!

Possibly save your life. Check out this website.
http://everyman-campaign.org/

Distributor for 'Every Male' grooming products. (Discounts for any TLF members hairier than I am!)

I'm having one fitted this Thursday - as long as it stops raining sufficiently for me to drive to Hethel and back......... :D

Jo - does the cover fit with the passenger seat in situ or does that get removed? I would be interested if it is the former (get too much kudos from giving pax rides to want to give that up).

Saving up for a sequential gearbox

Having the same fitted next week myself. As the passenger seat needs to be removed decided to have the race seat fitted at the same time and put the standard seats in hibernation.

Paul

• 6 months later...