free hit
counters
Lotus celebrates 60 years - Events - The Lotus Forums - Official Lotus Community Partner Jump to content

IGNORED

Lotus celebrates 60 years

Bibs

Following on from the success of last years event Lotus are looking forward to a bigger and better celebration to mark 60 years of Lotus.

Clipboard01-34.jpg

Who's coming?

I'm organising a day out on the Saturday which will be fund raising and a nice drive around Norfolk ending up at the factory for a BBQ and some time with the 'Eagle' which everyone is welcome to aswell, more details to follow on that once I have them. The Sunday will be an amazing day if last year is anything to go by and if we get enough interest I'll either have a joint LEF/2EF stand or we'll have a separate stand for 2Elevens there too, ace :D

88 Esprit NA, 89 Esprit Turbo SE, Evora, Evora S, Evora IPS, Evora S IPS, Evora S IPS SR, Evora 400, Elise S1, Elise S1 111s, Evora GT410 Sport

Evora NA

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators. I will aim to respond to emails/PM's Mon-Fri 9-6 GMT. 

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
  • Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Yup, ta-da! :D

I've just spoken to them about this and www.2elevenforum.com has a stand :) :) :D

88 Esprit NA, 89 Esprit Turbo SE, Evora, Evora S, Evora IPS, Evora S IPS, Evora S IPS SR, Evora 400, Elise S1, Elise S1 111s, Evora GT410 Sport

Evora NA

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators. I will aim to respond to emails/PM's Mon-Fri 9-6 GMT. 

Anyone pointed out their spelling error? :D

Doh!!

You mean it should have read "Best in Snow" competition? Donnington entries only count if the car was driven by the owner :)

Sounds interesting - I will keep an eye out for further details (like how to "register")

Saving up for a sequential gearbox

I spoke to them about the typo, hence the new poster above!

We'll need 2 x 2Elevens for the stand, any volunteers? :D

Evora NA

Thanks matey :D

Evora NA

I'll defo be there but you knew that matey! I have a reputation of being the only one to go to bed the same time as you and drink as much as you!

Possibly save your life. Check out this website.
http://everyman-campaign.org/

Distributor for 'Every Male' grooming products. (Discounts for any TLF members hairier than I am!)

• Gold FFM

Add mine if needed.

Be there all weekend.

Lasy year was a monumental effort, handing over a "new" S1 Esprit to an American mate of mine - missed much of it but what an amazing weekend.

I hope we'll all be blessed with the same weather as last year.............

Cheers,

Scott.

• 4 weeks later...

Thanks all - Anyone helping the forum out on the day will get a pair of free tickets to the event :D

Our allocated space has been increased so we've room for 3 cars now. What would make a good mix for everyone to see?

Evora NA

Also, I've arranged a decent discount the local Dunston Hall hotel, which is lovely. :D

We've 30 rooms on Friday the 12th, 60 rooms on Saturday the 13th and 30 rooms on Sunday the 14th. I've offered these to paid members on LEF first and now are open to all. Book early to avoid disappointment!

On the Saturday, I'm organising a huge hoon through Norfolk for up to 125 cars so you may wish to be involved with that, we've the main event on the Sunday and on Monday there's going to be Scott's track day at Snetterton.

To book the hotel, please call 01508 470444 and quote the code 'DE00590040'. If they ask, you're with the Lotus Esprit Forum.

Usual rates are

Evora NA

Thanks all - Anyone helping the forum out on the day will get a pair of free tickets to the event :D

Our allocated space has been increased so we've room for 3 cars now. What would make a good mix for everyone to see?

I think an original one ( as I said I volunteer mine) Mark's orange one and maybe one in one of the other colours. Jo's would be nice but don't know if she is going?

Perhaps the Black "special" will have been completed and liveried by then.....

ATB

Scott.

For Christ sake Bibs don't take Scott up on his offer as it will make us all jealous and I cant afford a respray :D

P

No worries - I take PX's!!!!

Don't say that - I don't want to know how much mine has depreceiated after only 2 months and 1600 miles :D

I cam imagine the converstation

Scott: So has it been used on track at all?

me: erm, a little bit

Scott: and has it stayed on the tarmac or has it been off?

me: has been off once or twice

Scott: Do you always change up early or does the change light come on frequently?

me: Change light - what change light? Oh do you mean that red light in the rev counter that comes on just before the rev limiter cuts in?

Scott: How much fuel is in the tank - if it is full, that may double the amount I can offer in PX

Saving up for a sequential gearbox

The way oil prices are going a full tank of petrol will be worth more than the car in a years time. And don't worry about the red light it also flashes when the traction control kicks in or do you dial that out complely?

Feel the start of a new topic thread, best setting for the traction control.

P

Edited by Kimbers
tidy post

• Gold FFM

The "Special" will not be a wrap. The colour is Phantom Black........a factory offering that differs to Motorsport Black, or indeed Starlight Black; it's pure Jet.

The graphics will be made up hopefully in association with a chap that Clive at Classic Team Lotus knows; accuracy is everything, from the font, to the colour of the vinyl. It was also suggested that I could fit a JPS nose badge a la Type 72, which I did not think was available.

I need to work on the graphic design a little more, run it past CTL - as I'd like their blessing. It's not a dealer special edition, or a factory edition; I've ordered the car in my name and intend to make something that I really want. With this in mind No.21 will be sold as a used example, and as an original Motorsport Works built car.

Dell - don't worry too much about depreciation; I will have a car available for immediate delivery, but that'll go quickly and I'm now October if a customer wants to order a new one. Remember too, the launch edition SVA spec is now

Sounds like it will be a fantastic looking car. Surprised you are going to trade in one of the original Motorsport built cars though. Wouldn't it have been easier/cheaper to get your repainted or are you planning to do much more than that.

Paul

• Gold FFM

PGN....

Funny - this has been going through my mind as well; original "works Motorsport car".....

Off for a fortnight in Spain in it and I fear that we will bond. If I can't bear to see it go, then it'll stay. The "special" will find a home I'm sure.....

Dell - I take PX!

Cheers!

Scott.