free hit
counters
Brakes - Ride/Handling/Suspension/Brakes/Wheels/Tyres - The Lotus Forums #ForTheOwners Jump to content

I am away for a couple of weeks will let you know as soon as I am back.

Quick note ref race at Brands

BOTH Gav and I have now put AP 295 discs on, the standard ones had died after an hour or track day use, even with a new set of Pagid 14s they brakes had gone. The standard ones need the holes cleaning every 30 minutes to keep them working. I have put softer RS42 pads on with the 295s for now to see how they go.

Other than me getting lazy in race 2 and braking early becuase of laziness and a different feeling to the brakes and concern over the brakes, the car was fantistic. Drove there and drove home, sadly the other two cars cannot be said the same for at A1.

I will take out the rear inner mudguards, as these stop all the air from the front top vents getting to the lovely vents at the rear and cooling both brakes and tyres ( which suffer a lot). This will also aid less drag and top speed. It looks like it was designed like this and the plastic inner wings added as an after thought. Of course some armourfend will go inside the wings other wise the stones will go through the lovely organge bobcat colour. All up great car, bad driver..

• 2 weeks later...

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
  • Replies 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

BOTH Gav and I have now put AP 295 discs on, the standard ones had died after an hour or track day use, even with a new set of Pagid 14s they brakes had gone. The standard ones need the holes cleaning every 30 minutes to keep them working.

My experience differs slightly - I have done a number of track days in the 2-eleven now and have not noticed any fade in the brakes. Certainly haven't found the need to clean the holes in the disks. Maybe I am just not trying hard enough :D

Great car, really bad driver

Saving up for a sequential gearbox

Speller who looks after Donnellys car has to clean the holes out every single race without fail.

But I was particularly hard on the brakes and not being used to ABS on a race car I am sure I have been over using them..

Speller who looks after Donnellys car has to clean the holes out every single race without fail.

But I was particularly hard on the brakes and not being used to ABS on a race car I am sure I have been over using them..

Thanks for the tip - being a bit of a newbie, I know I am still soft on brakes (memories of Walshy shouting "don't brake, don't brake, Brake now, harder, brake harder"). I suspect that I have inadvertently cleaned the holes on mine with the pressure washer!

Yep, did mine on Sunday. Wheels off, can of Brake cleaner and big holes once again in seconds........

If anyone uses the brake cleaner, I'd suggest taking the wheels off as it can affect the painted finish of the wheel . You should also keep plenty of Blue roll aside, and whilst the wheels are off give 'em a clean and a polish!

Nimes complains of this on his 240R, and the front discs on my Exige are full - squeak like mad but by cripes they work still work fine.

Jack G is getting the AP's on his and I noticed Paul gas them on his.............I hope they close their eyes when braking 'cos I can't fault mine in the slightest...........

Cheers,

Scott.

My experience differs slightly - I have done a number of track days in the 2-eleven now and have not noticed any fade in the brakes. Certainly haven't found the need to clean the holes in the disks.

Snap. I also can't fault the normal brakes so far. I'm usually pretty bad to my brakes but after 40min, 30min, 40min sessions in the 2-eleven at Snett (2 big braking sections and lots of little) with only a 10min rest between they were fine.

Also, my discs are only reading around 100c temp after long hard sessions, compared to around 500c on the AP 6 pots on the CSL. I think the 2-Eleven brake cooling works very well.

g

Yep, did mine on Sunday. Wheels off, can of Brake cleaner and big holes once again in seconds........

If anyone uses the brake cleaner, I'd suggest taking the wheels off as it can affect the painted finish of the wheel . You should also keep plenty of Blue roll aside, and whilst the wheels are off give 'em a clean and a polish!

Nimes complains of this on his 240R, and the front discs on my Exige are full - squeak like mad but by cripes they work still work fine.

Jack G is getting the AP's on his and I noticed Paul gas them on his.............I hope they close their eyes when braking 'cos I can't fault mine in the slightest...........

Cheers,

Scott.

The dentist is now my best friend as the G force on braking loosens all my fillinga as the retardation with the 4 pot AP's is phenominal. Can't wear glasses either as your eyeballs will hit the lenses.

It is great for seeing how late you can brake without filling your pants, especially past the pits 100 metres....75 metres... 50 metres.......... sssssssssssssss********t

The dentist is now my best friend as the G force on braking loosens all my fillinga as the retardation with the 4 pot AP's is phenominal. Can't wear glasses either as your eyeballs will hit the lenses.

It is great for seeing how late you can brake without filling your pants, especially past the pits 100 metres....75 metres... 50 metres.......... sssssssssssssss********t

No locking up?

g

• 2 weeks later...

The brakes in my car are outstanding, however I have never had the need to clean out the holes.

One problem I had from new was the ABS wasnt working.

This problem ws finally tracked down to the wrong sensor wires going to the wrong wheels. ie. the left sensor wire was plugged into the right brake and vise versa!

Lotus did replace the four flat spotted Yokohamas without question. :D

The brakes in my car are outstanding, however I have never had the need to clean out the holes.

One problem I had from new was the ABS wasnt working.

This problem ws finally tracked down to the wrong sensor wires going to the wrong wheels. ie. the left sensor wire was plugged into the right brake and vise versa!

Lotus did replace the four flat spotted Yokohamas without question. :D

Thanks for the tip - I will swap over the wires and claim my free set of tyres right away :lol:

• 1 month later...