free hit
counters
Track days - who's going where? - Lotus / Motoring / Cars Chat - The Lotus Forums #ForTheOwners Jump to content

Track days - who's going where?

What's everyone up to this summer?

So far, I've booked some LOT days/evenings as follows:

Snetterton July 9th day

Snetterton July 18th evening (LOTRDC Round there that weekend)

Brands Hatch Indy August 20th evening

Snetterton 27th October day

I've also booked a GRRC track day - but it's a ladies day so that counts the rest of you out :D

Got another couple up my sleeve too - one in August and one in September, but not confirmed yet.

Plus looking at getting up to Cadwell as well if I can get a date organised.

Everyone else?

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
  • Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm at Castle Combe with BHP Trackdays on 16th June; Donington with Book-a-Track on 7th July; hopefully Snetterton with Scott on 15th September - I assume Scott will be posting something soon about that? Very sadly, none of LOT's dates have suited me so far this year, or for the rest of the year - just the way diary-juggling goes.

Andrew

Scott and I are working on a plan for the 15th, think 2Eleven-fest :D

88 Esprit NA, 89 Esprit Turbo SE, Evora, Evora S, Evora IPS, Evora S IPS, Evora S IPS SR, Evora 400, Elise S1, Elise S1 111s, Evora GT410 Sport

Evora NA

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators. I will aim to respond to emails/PM's Mon-Fri 9-6 GMT. 

I have track days booked at Castle Combe as follows:

23/05 (oh that is this week!), 06/06, 20/06, 30/06, 16/07, 08/08, 10/09 and 10/10.

Only the 30/06 meeting is with LOT, rest are direct with circuit.

Guess I am in danger of turning into a one track monkey !

Hmmm looks like I need to pencil 15/08 into the diary...

Saving up for a sequential gearbox

Bloody hell you must own your own Company if you can take all those days off!

Paul

I have track days booked at Castle Combe as follows:

23/05 (oh that is this week!), 06/06, 20/06, 30/06, 16/07, 08/08, 10/09 and 10/10.

Only the 30/06 meeting is with LOT, rest are direct with circuit.

Guess I am in danger of turning into a one track monkey !

Hmmm looks like I need to pencil 15/08 into the diary...

What's everyone up to this summer?

So far, I've booked some LOT days/evenings as follows:

Snetterton July 9th day

Snetterton July 18th evening (LOTRDC Round there that weekend)

Brands Hatch Indy August 20th evening

Snetterton 27th October day

I've also booked a GRRC track day - but it's a ladies day so that counts the rest of you out :D

Got another couple up my sleeve too - one in August and one in September, but not confirmed yet.

Plus looking at getting up to Cadwell as well if I can get a date organised.

Everyone else?

Jo,

At Snetterton July the 9th, so see you there.We can see if removing the passenger seat means I can outdrag you down Revett Straight! Also the August 20th at Brands, will do others when pressure of work allows.

Paul

You pencil away Derrick.

The rest of us will be going on the 15/9.

doh - 8 and 9 are next to each other on my keyboard. :D

Bloody hell you must own your own Company if you can take all those days off!

Ah work - the curse of the drinking driving classes :lol:

Saving up for a sequential gearbox

See on the 9th then Paul - may or may not have tonneau on myself - being fitted next week. How have you found it so far?

Jo.

Looks really good, makes the car look like a mini LM racer, will post a couple of pics in next few days.

Not a cheap option though, including painting ,fitting not much change out of

Hi Paul

I'll probably keep the tonneau on for the 2 weeks in Spain but then whip it off - I often have passengers on track days. Mine is also being painted and having the central stripe put on, should look great, but as you say, it's not particularly practical.

Ref yellow wheels - they would be wrong - if I wanted to be pedantic they'd be alloy. It's not a T25 - it's a 49 prior to fag advertising - the last car Clark drove for Lotus in F1 before he died.

post-15-1211396358_thumb.jpg

If it is, I'll hope to say hello at Brands :D

88 Esprit NA, 89 Esprit Turbo SE, Evora, Evora S, Evora IPS, Evora S IPS, Evora S IPS SR, Evora 400, Elise S1, Elise S1 111s, Evora GT410 Sport

Evora NA

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators. I will aim to respond to emails/PM's Mon-Fri 9-6 GMT. 

Hi Paul

I'll probably keep the tonneau on for the 2 weeks in Spain but then whip it off - I often have passengers on track days. Mine is also being painted and having the central stripe put on, should look great, but as you say, it's not particularly practical.

Ref yellow wheels - they would be wrong - if I wanted to be pedantic they'd be alloy. It's not a T25 - it's a 49 prior to fag advertising - the last car Clark drove for Lotus in F1 before he died.

Hi Jo,

Think you will find it's more than just a whip it off, but I am sure Scott will be very accomodating in putting the passenger seat back etc.

Understand about the Type 49 but Istill think your car would look great with yellow wheels IMHO. But I am prejudiced in that respect as I am thinking about getting mine painted yellow!

Pity I am lousey with photoshop

Paul

Yellow wheels wouldn't look right imo, too 'in your face' and detract from the rest of the car which looks ace as it is.

IMG_8793-1.jpg

Evora NA

post-4-1212316498_thumb.jpg

HAH! That S1 Elise looks fantastic on Yellow Mags..............but yes I would say that as it was once mine, sold to make way for the 2-Eleven.

This was my take on Jimmy's T25, Jo's car based on Jimmy's T49, and I did not suggest Yellow rims for her 2-Eleven as they have no historical connection with the scheme.

Scott.

Next track day on my list is 20th June, Bedford, Evening. But, after bottling out and taking the CSL to Brands GP yesterday, then finding 2x 2-elevens there toughing it out, and not really enjoying the CSL that much (until it started p*ssing it down), I need to get back to Brands GP quick!

g

great circuit but not the same since they modified Dingle Dell for the bikers IMHO. Just that at almost 500 quid when u add fuel,bite to eat etc it's a very expensive day out!

P