free hit
counters
Lurkers - Lotus / Motoring / Cars Chat - The Lotus Forums #ForTheOwners Jump to content

Well guys we are now up to 54 registered members but it appears that the same 5/6 guys (sorry and you Jo) appear to contribute.

I would assume that as 2 eleven owners we are die hard Lotus/Petrolheads and therefore must has something to say about our ownership experiences.

Bibs has taken the trouble to set up this forum so we should try to actively support it. No point in joining otherwise.

We own a car which must give us all plus/negative points , so lets try to get some topics going and the feedback. will benifit us all.

Well that's me done, off to sort out the mysteries of the attachmentment location for the 6 point harness or open a bottle of wine. Mmmmmmm tough call

Paul

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
  • Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Im a lurker, and a Lotus nut - ask Bibbo :lol:

Would love to be able to afford a 2eleven, or even an Esprit, but have to make do with my Elans and my dreams :D

Still at least I've now posted.

Dave.

Other than Scott, who must be regarded as part of the family (usefully for us all here) I wonder if we could get someone from the 2-eleven team to take a look every now and again. On Pistonheads, the comments from one of the guys at Noble used to really help the debate, and prevent misinformation spreading!

g

Im a lurker, and a Lotus nut - ask Bibbo :lol:

Would love to be able to afford a 2eleven, or even an Esprit, but have to make do with my Elans and my dreams :D

Still at least I've now posted.

Well done Dave and welcome

I've just popped an email to everyone who has joined so far so hopefully a few people will be reminded to visit. I generally send a monthly update with details of forum goings on and it's a useful nudge.

In my experience, forums seem to have a magic '10% rule'; 10% of users participate and post so with almost half of our members to date posting we've started off well. It's still early days but with time I hope that the forum will become not only a great, fun place to post but also an excellent, almost encyclopaedic knowledgebase. The database is tiny when stored which means basically we've got unlimited space and the search functions are great so if you have a problem, there's a good chance someone else has had the same and the solutions are here.

88 Esprit NA, 89 Esprit Turbo SE, Evora, Evora S, Evora IPS, Evora S IPS, Evora S IPS SR, Evora 400, Elise S1, Elise S1 111s, Evora GT410 Sport

Evora NA

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators. I will aim to respond to emails/PM's Mon-Fri 9-6 GMT. 

I wonder if we could get someone from the 2-eleven team to take a look every now and again. On Pistonheads, the comments from one of the guys at Noble used to really help the debate, and prevent misinformation spreading!

g

I Know Glenn from Lotus Sport is a member but he's been very busy recently so his time on site is limited.

Bibs is in touch with the factory constantly and I.....erm....have a few connections but my knowledge is more firmly based in Sales and Marketing than technical.

MJK visited the site on Sunday and took a good look over it, does that count? :D

I tend to find that comments on Pistonheads from Manufacturers is limited due to the lack of moderating and stupid replies. On making a comment about the new Honda Civic I was told I knew nothing....no I just work for Honda.

A while back Mike Kimberley was so astounded at the misinformation one member was putting out about the Esprit that he personally posted up a reply correcting him. Only to be told to shut up as he was wrong and knew nothing.....no he was just in charge of the project.

Possibly save your life. Check out this website.
http://everyman-campaign.org/

Distributor for 'Every Male' grooming products. (Discounts for any TLF members hairier than I am!)

Other than Scott, who must be regarded as part of the family (usefully for us all here) I wonder if we could get someone from the 2-eleven team to take a look every now and again. On Pistonheads, the comments from one of the guys at Noble used to really help the debate, and prevent misinformation spreading!

g

The problem that can and no doubt will happen with this is the amount of time it can eventually take up for the people involved.

I have an open dialogue with Lotus at many levels and I am happy to pass questions on and post up the answers as you may notice just happened in the 'tyre size' thread. What I'd think may work is something I've done from time to time with the Esprit gang and that is I'll collate any questions which can only be answered by Lotus and perhaps, depending on quantity, once a week or so have a chat with the relevant people, for example Nick Adams and post his answers to you. Would that be of use do you think?

Lotus are very happy and in fact keen to support us here (they even sprung some cash for the domain!) as they are with the Esprit Forum so free flow of information is available, it's all good! :D

88 Esprit NA, 89 Esprit Turbo SE, Evora, Evora S, Evora IPS, Evora S IPS, Evora S IPS SR, Evora 400, Elise S1, Elise S1 111s, Evora GT410 Sport

Evora NA

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators. I will aim to respond to emails/PM's Mon-Fri 9-6 GMT. 

Not sure somebody with your post count can be considered a lurker :D

Is this the start of a post count war as seen on SELOC etc ?

Oh and ....ding (me too)

Derek - ding means you agree with the previous post - therefore what I was saying was that I agreed with Pauls statement that more people should post and use the site, not that I consider myself a lurker.

I am a member but choose to remain sient untill my car has been delivered. So far all I have is a miniture on my desk, a space reserved in my garage, and an order ticket from the dealership.

If you Brit types would slow down a bit on your 2-11 buying frenzy then perhaps us colonials could get ours a bit sooner and then become more mainstram contributors. :D

Looks like I'll wait 'til yours is delivered then :D

In the meantime I'll just keep on lurking.........

Edited by Kimbers
tidy post

Dave.

• 2 weeks later...
I just learned that my car is in production and should be ready to ship very soon. sorry, there is just not enough room or a modicon that would accurately convey the feeling of hearing that bit.

Soon, very very soon.!!!!

I'm up at the factory in a fortnight Al, I'll see if I can get a piccy of your car!

Evora NA

I'm up at the factory in a fortnight Al, I'll see if I can get a piccy of your car!

Try not to get the "Delayed - waiting parts" notice in shot though

And don't forget to write something on the floor pan underneath the drivers seat!

Saving up for a sequential gearbox
  • 2 weeks later...

Well Im a bit of a lurker prior to delivery as well, except that mine is ready since January...and fully paid since feb...but cannot be delivered because it isnt road legal (yet) here in Switzerland :D

Im normally supposed to be joining the LOT FF end of August, if I have a car :D

You would not believe the frustration :(

I can imagine the frustration - at least all the delays to mine were production based.

Have you considered getting it delivered to a neighbouring country (e.g. Germany, France) and keeping it there until it is legal is Switzerland - at least you could start doing the running in process that way, which might help relieve the frustration a bit.

Saving up for a sequential gearbox
I can imagine the frustration - at least all the delays to mine were production based.

Have you considered getting it delivered to a neighbouring country (e.g. Germany, France) and keeping it there until it is legal is Switzerland - at least you could start doing the running in process that way, which might help relieve the frustration a bit.

Seller has in fact proposed to lend me trailer, but what happens if it never gets approved ? if -i dont touch it then I get all my money back, but if I use It could potentially be in a grey area :D