free hit
counters
Boring thread...footwell mats! - Body/Aero/Other (including track set up info) - The Lotus Forums #ForTheOwners Jump to content

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
  • Replies 11
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Initially I had a pair of Lotus Sport carpets but it didn't look quite right, so I bought some rubber matting from Demon Tweeks Motorsport Catalogue works our really reasobable and you can cut to shape.

In fact I have enough left over to make another set, which you are quite welcome to if can figure a way to get it to you.

Paul

I thought rubber mats = footwell corrosion :D

Especially in an open car...

Only if they're glued down and never taken out - car gets dried off as do the mats if it ever gets wet so not really an issue. I think the early Elise S1s had problems but that's all long since sorted.

Only if they're glued down and never taken out - car gets dried off as do the mats if it ever gets wet so not really an issue. I think the early Elise S1s had problems but that's all long since sorted.

Patrick,

There is a warning in the manual about using anything other that the offical Lotus products i.e. carpet mats, but as Jo said, if you take them out and dry them /the floor afterwards don't see that there would be a problem

Paul

Patrick,

There is a warning in the manual about using anything other that the offical Lotus products i.e. carpet mats, but as Jo said, if you take them out and dry them /the floor afterwards don't see that there would be a problem

Paul

That makes sense.

Are you guys adding the plastic floor matt holders? Or are the mats just loose? Do they move much?

I used the Lotus carpets as a template and therefore they fit the entire footwell and don't move about at all. Anything smaller and would need some form of fixing to stop them moving about, especially on track.

Paul