free hit
counters
Higher screen - Page 2 - Body/Aero/Other (including track set up info) - The Lotus Forums #ForTheOwners Jump to content

I have been looking into a new helmet and also a hans device, I know it might be a bit ott but after my crash and the problems I am having with my neck it has made me think.

I have also been looking into Bluetooth kits for helmets, it will be handy for phone, mp3 and also talking to your pax.

Has anyone else fitted one of the kits?

Scotty C

PS does the 2-11 come with a 12v socket?

Here for a good time, not a long time

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
  • Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Be carefull about charging the battery it is a race type one that doesn't take kindly to lots of charging. Anyway being a race dry cell type battery you should not have problems with long periods of idleness as they hold their charge well and there is no alarms or other systems to drain the battery.

I just remove the isolation switch when not in use and it works fine.

P

I have been looking into a new helmet and also a hans device, I know it might be a bit ott but after my crash and the problems I am having with my neck it has made me think.

I have also been looking into Bluetooth kits for helmets, it will be handy for phone, mp3 and also talking to your pax.

Has anyone else fitted one of the kits?

Scotty C

PS does the 2-11 come with a 12v socket?

Scotty, I think you have gotten the wrong impression of the car - mp3 player/phone? - you'll be lucky to even here your brain thinking with all the noise/vibration. As pointed out earlier its not really a car you can just tour around in whilst listening to music! :D

P

No 12 V socket

Hmmm mine came with a 12v socket fitted to the battery compartment cover (i.e. behind the seats just underneath the lowest roll bar element). The only bad news is that this socket is NOT isolated by the external cut-off switch (I have flattened my battery by leaving a 12v adaptor plugged in for a couple of days).

There is what looks like a push-out just in front of the gear stick which looks like it could also house a 12v socket if required (with cables running back to the battery compartment underneath the central shroud).

Because I wanted 12v power supplies for the bulletcam, the video recorder, the GPS unit and (eventually) the data logger, I installed an extension unit on the flat shelf just behind the driver's seat and some colour coded trunking to run cables from this distribution point forward to the dashboard.

Saving up for a sequential gearbox
Scotty, I think you have gotten the wrong impression of the car - mp3 player/phone? - you'll be lucky to even here your brain thinking with all the noise/vibration. As pointed out earlier its not really a car you can just tour around in whilst listening to music! :D

P

If these things work for bikers then I would hope that they will work in the 2-11?

Scotty

Here for a good time, not a long time

Del,

Must have changed it on the later cars as certainly no connector on the orginal Lotus Sport built cars.(like mine :D )Guess they trying to soften up the image for those wanting air conditioning and electric windows etc or they got confused as they are now on the same production line as the other hairdressers cars. (Real men only have one seat in their cars :D )

The blank you are talking about by the gear lever is there because its a straight parts bin rumage from the Exige

Paul

Edited by pgn340r

I think wearing a helmet really depends on your height. We are tough up north, but I'm only 5'7!

Nothing much hits my forehead without a helmet, but feeling the airflow with my hand when driving - if I was a couple of inches taller I would definitely need a lid. From the track, the top of my helmet is covered in dead insects. The weird thing I've found is that when you put your hand in front of the bottom of the screen at speed it is in a vacuum.

I was thinking of getting a bike helmet for road use, but cos I'm a short arse I feel fairly safe without....

Arai_Sz_RAM_3_Aluminum_Helmets.jpg

That's the baby.

g

Because I wanted 12v power supplies for the bulletcam, the video recorder, the GPS unit and (eventually) the data logger, I installed an extension unit on the flat shelf just behind the driver's seat and some colour coded trunking to run cables from this distribution point forward to the dashboard.

Snap. A 4 way extension unit, with each of the 4 sockets having their own on/off switch. Halfords -

Certainly does, keeps the champagne nice and chilled in the ice box ( it is fitted below the battery box but I think on the later models they took it out as a lot of portly, hairdresser types were being attacted to the car and it was effecting the power to weight ratio) . You'll see all there remains now is just a 12v connector.

Edited by pgn340r