free hit
counters
Radiator Grille - Body/Aero/Other (including track set up info) - The Lotus Forums #ForTheOwners Jump to content

Does anybody know an easy way to get stuff out from under the mesh grille above the radiator (where the bonnet would be if the car had one)?

I have accumulated some rubbish under the grille (as a result of a couple of in-field excursions) and whilst it doesn't affect the cooling (as the this is where the hot air comes out), it does look a bit untidy to have detritus in plan view.

I don't especially want to remove the front clam or the radiator for what is just a cosmetic consideration.

Saving up for a sequential gearbox

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
  • Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Tried the vacuum option (Dyson) but to no great effect. :(

I don't have any hair so don't have a hairdryer :)

Think the pressure washer will just force the stuff into the radiator (not the best result) so it will have to be either the trained ant or the tweezers ;)

Hmm perhaps it a combination thing - compressed air (to get it moving) plus vacuum (to suck it up) - must remember to close the garage door before I try this in case anybody is watching and thinks I have finally lost what remains of my sanity (compressed air line in one hand - vacuum hose in the other)

Saving up for a sequential gearbox
Tried the vacuum option (Dyson) but to no great effect. :(

I don't have any hair so don't have a hairdryer :)

Think the pressure washer will just force the stuff into the radiator (not the best result) so it will have to be either the trained ant or the tweezers ;)

Hmm perhaps it a combination thing - compressed air (to get it moving) plus vacuum (to suck it up) - must remember to close the garage door before I try this in case anybody is watching and thinks I have finally lost what remains of my sanity (compressed air line in one hand - vacuum hose in the other)

Tart