free hit
counters
Race Seat and 6 point harness - Body/Aero/Other (including track set up info) - The Lotus Forums #ForTheOwners Jump to content

If any of you are thinking fitting just to let you know it is not a straightforward job! The seat itself is fantastic with great support (portly gentlemen need not apply!)

Took Castle Sportscars 15 hours to fit (including removing both seats) as a very fiddly job requiring drilling of new holes and additional floor strengthening for both the seat and the seat belts (side straps bolt directly to the floor and not the seat).

It was the first one they had ever fitted so was a bit of a learning curve for them, but they did say never again!

p

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
  • Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That is my excuse right there. I went on a 2-Eleven promo day prior to placing my order primarily to see if I fitted in the car.

The only problem I found is the Crotch Strap a little small! ;)

P

• 1 month later...

US models are fitted with the FIA approved Ricaro race seat. It is a tight fit for my more mature body! It looks like the seat mount could be moved back about a 1/2-3/4 of an inch (sorry guys I'm too old to learn metrics!) and have some rake added to it. I currently take out the seat pad and lower back pad to provide some additional leg room and a better angle of view to the instrument binnacle (and unreadable "idiot" lights!). Lotus recognizes that this wasn't the best of fitment of a seat but it was what was available. According to Nick Adams, they are working on a better FIA seat that will provide additional legroom, some tilt, and be HANS compatable.

Bill