free hit
counters
What do you polish yours with? - Body/Aero/Other (including track set up info) - The Lotus Forums #ForTheOwners Jump to content

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
  • Replies 17
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am sure Scott will have some exotic product but I use Mer because it can be used when the car is wet (i.e. immediately after washing), because it removes the insects who gave their lives for my enjoyment, because it makes said insects easier to remove next time and, the big reason, it is what I use on my other vehicles so is already on the shelf in my garage.

Unlike Scott, I don't apply any polish to the brake calipers though, despite them being painted ;)

Saving up for a sequential gearbox

I use Zymol Ital on my car. 60% Carnuba, leaves a lovely shine and should only need to be applied once a year but at

88 Esprit NA, 89 Esprit Turbo SE, Evora, Evora S, Evora IPS, Evora S IPS, Evora S IPS SR, Evora 400, Elise S1, Elise S1 111s, Evora GT410 Sport

Evora NA

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators. I will aim to respond to emails/PM's Mon-Fri 9-6 GMT. 

A detailing spray will do that quickly and easily, you can get it from Megs or Zymol.

z519.jpg

Detail Spray was developed for those times when you want to enhance and renew your car's protection from the elements. Detail Spray gently removes surface dirt, residual acid rain deposits, road grime, salt deposits, oil smudges and finger marks while imparting a rich, deep gloss on all painted surfaces. Detail Spray is quick, safe and easy to use and provides brilliant results without abusive alcohol(s) or silicone. A new easy-to-hold 473ml easy grip flask and a self-siphoning, no-clog, metered sprayer allow you to apply just the right amount of zymol Detail Spray every time.

http://www.parcferme.co.uk/shop/product_in...ptcv3hapaiu7vp3

or

product_A3316.jpg

Meguiar's

88 Esprit NA, 89 Esprit Turbo SE, Evora, Evora S, Evora IPS, Evora S IPS, Evora S IPS SR, Evora 400, Elise S1, Elise S1 111s, Evora GT410 Sport

Evora NA

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators. I will aim to respond to emails/PM's Mon-Fri 9-6 GMT. 

Nice shine!

I was after somehting that I can just spray on mainly fly splats and rubber marks, to buff up small areas, rather than the whole car. Will the Mer stuff do that?

Mer polish comes as a liquid to be applied with a damp cloth rather than a spray (and costs about

If we are not careful, there will be a detailing section added to the forum - for those 2-Eleven owners that don't take their cars on track but like to pamper them, ensuring they are really shiny all the time - hmmm do we know anybody like that?

That would be HIS own little section...'Low mileage but boy does it shine'

If we are not careful, there will be a detailing section added to the forum - for those 2-Eleven owners that don't take their cars on track but like to pamper them, ensuring they are really shiny all the time - hmmm do we know anybody like that?

There speaks the man who wanted to know what tweezers were best to get leaves out of the grill! ;)

Edited by pgn340r

;)

Mmmm, Royale! It's not just the 'wet' look that appeals, it's the way it's applied! You rub it into the palm of your hands, then apply it to your car with yours hands, it's amazing!

To be fair, it's all pretty much marketing crap. Carnuba, the holy grail of a good wax is what's used to make Minstrels shiny and is used in cosmetics for lip gloss. It's very cheap in those applications but put it in a shiny container and say it's for cars, all of a sudden it's more expensive than gold!

Evora NA

I do much prefer M&Ms but they don't have the deep and lustful gloss of the Minstrel, the peanut ones are even worse.

Perhaps I should have bought a brown car!

Evora NA

There speaks the man who wanted to know what tweezers were best to get leaves out of the grill! ;)

At least I don't buy white racing overalls just to make the car sound nice :(

I do much prefer M&Ms but they don't have the deep and lustful gloss of the Minstrel, the peanut ones are even worse.

Aren't M&Ms the ones that don't melt in your hand? Could lead to nasty scratches in the paintwork :)

Edited by DEL211