free hit
counters
Are your wheel arch liners still intact? - Body/Aero/Other (including track set up info) - The Lotus Forums #ForTheOwners Jump to content

My front offside liner is cracked pretty bad. The crack seems to have started where the liner is bolted to the tub (the screw nearest the driver, seems a bit over tight), and then progressed inwards from there, and is pretty much falling apart.

Anyone else have this issue? The plastic used is very brittle ;) .

g

• 2 months later...

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
  • Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My front offside liner is cracked pretty bad. The crack seems to have started where the liner is bolted to the tub (the screw nearest the driver, seems a bit over tight), and then progressed inwards from there, and is pretty much falling apart.

Anyone else have this issue? The plastic used is very brittle ;) .

g

Do you get liners for the front arches?? I didnt, only liners in the rear. :(

Having no liners caused serious piting from stones flicking off the tyres and cracking the paint on the front guards.

I had to repaint the front..and to solve the problem I glued "sound deading" material under the guards to absorb the impact of stones.

P

I haven't got any either. I had bits armour fended which has helped. No sign of any star cracks yet either from the stones flicking up.

/touches wood ;)

When it was at the Goodwood Open Day people kept asking me whether I drive it much cos it looked so clean and shiny. Have to say I started to get a bit cross after the 25th enquiry.......

Do you get liners for the front arches?? I didnt, only liners in the rear. ;)

Having no liners caused serious piting from stones flicking off the tyres and cracking the paint on the front guards.

I had to repaint the front..and to solve the problem I glued "sound deading" material under the guards to absorb the impact of stones.

P

There's a Service Bulletin from Lotus regarding the absence of front liners and advice on taking some precautionary measures..... I also added some lighweight dynamat to the inside wheelarches

SERVICE Date: 08.02.08 2008/06

BULLETIN Model: 2-Eleven

TITLE: Advice regarding paint protection.

REASON: Precautionary advice to reduce potential front wheelarch paint damage caused by tyre flung debris.

ACTION: Conceived as a minimalist, lightweight, race oriented track car, the Lotus 2-Eleven is not encumbered

with front wheelarch liners. For other usage profiles and customer priorities, it may be expedient

to treat the inside of the front clamshell in the wheelarch areas with a rubberised protective coating

such as 3M's Body Schutz. This will help to reduce impact damage to the lightweight body

moulding from stones and gravel picked up by the front tyres.

Note that the 2-Eleven carries no warranty on body or paintwork.

That's a bit late in the day. Wasn't it obvious from day one?

Hi Kiwi - when I started the thread, I was actually talking about the brittle plastic vertical liners, they're sort of up against the front box section. The thread has morphed into chatting about liners up under the horizontal wheel arch bodywork, so to answer that question, no, didn't get any liners for that section (as did anybody by the looks of it).

g

Edited by gavinp