free hit
counters
Servicing a 2 Eleven - 2-Eleven Chat - The Lotus Forums #ForTheOwners Jump to content

Servicing a 2 Eleven

I'm trying to find out what the servicing schedule is for the car. It seems to be a bit of a grey area. It would, i imagine, depend on how hard you drive the car and whether on or off track. If you use the car only for trackdays twice a month what would you say was needed??

Edited by andy tee

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
  • Replies 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I get mine checked over after each hard track outing, at B&C - so bundling around the local roads doesn't count, and I treat two track evenings as one track day if that makes sense.

I think the official line is a service every 4500 miles or twice a year, with recommended checks before each track day. Mine has done just over 5000 miles now and has had one oil and filter change so far, with probably about 6-8 checkovers. I am also on my second set of 48s

Hope this helps.

I get mine checked over after each hard track outing, at B&C - so bundling around the local roads doesn't count, and I treat two track evenings as one track day if that makes sense.

I think the official line is a service every 4500 miles or twice a year, with recommended checks before each track day. Mine has done just over 5000 miles now and has had one oil and filter change so far, with probably about 6-8 checkovers. I am also on my second set of 48s

Thats what i would have expected i suppose. A check over before/ after each event and oil and filer change maybe every 5000 mils or 6 months but Lotus is recommending a service every 500 miles or 4 hour if used on closed circuits or competition which sounds excessive ;)

A service at an authorised garage will be in the region of

Edited by andy tee

It's a fairly high grade brake fluid in them - I will change mine every Spring when I bring it out of winter hibernation - or more often if I feel that the brakes are going off a bit.

Why not just chat it through with your supplying dealer? Surely they'll give you some advice? How much have your used the car and have you done many track miles?

Maintenance Schedule is on the memory stick supplied with the car.........

From said stick:

For cars used exclusively on road, each service should be performed within 7500 miles or 6 months of the previous service; whichever occurs first. For cars used in competition, or on closed circuits, a Track Check List should be completed before each track session, and a service performed at the first occuring 500 miles or 4 hours.

There is a check & inspection list of operations that needs to be followed, this is also on the stick, with check & inspection markers on each aspect of the vehicle.

There's also a printed format track checklist - this should be completed and filed.

When trading these in in a few years time, one can never show too much paperwork...............

I have had three oil changes in 3000 miles, and have changed the hydraulics too. Coolant is good for 4 years, but I'll probably change mine at 2.

If you have not got the stick, let me know - I'll get you another.

ATB

Scott.

It's a fairly high grade brake fluid in them - I will change mine every Spring when I bring it out of winter hibernation - or more often if I feel that the brakes are going off a bit.

It is Castrol SRF

It is $80 per litre here so I am guessing 80 quid in the UK ;)

http://www.castrol.com/castrol/sectiongene...ntentId=7040556

SRFBrakeFluid393x956.jpg

Castrol SRF Brake Fluid

The ultimate racing brake fluid

Castrol SRF Brake Fluid's unique silicon ester technology absorbs less water than conventional glycol ether fluids and prevents the fluid's high temperature performance from deteriorating. Its wet boiling point of 270

How much have your used the car and have you done many track miles?

Suppose i've done about 2100 miles of which approximately 1600 must be on track. Getting a trailer cuts back on the motorway miles. So i don't use on the road at all at the mo.

I have had three oil changes in 3000 miles, and have changed the hydraulics too. Coolant is good for 4 years, but I'll probably change mine at 2.

If you have not got the stick, let me know - I'll get you another.

Thanks, I've the stick somewhere just haven't had a good look through of late.

Good, that means i've not been over doing it too much on the 'servicing' as i've had all fluids changed with filters plus brake fluid. Maybe the brake fluid's been changed a little early but as you use the brakes so much harder on track this makes sense.

cheers for the heads up guys

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

I am surprised at the frequency of service. I know a few track only elises that service their car a couple of times a year and they seem to be fine... Is it because of the high state of tune of the engine? People that take it for servicing adter every TD? How of ten doe the dealer actually do something to the car?

Edited by joaovc