free hit
counters
Wanted - Offside headlight grommet - Body/Aero/Other (including track set up info) - The Lotus Forums #ForTheOwners Jump to content

Has anybody perchance broken a headlight unit yet - I have lost one of the (approx 2.5") rubber sealing grommets from my O/S headlight (the upper one protecting the dip headlight) and have been told by Lotus that I must buy the whole headlamp unit (cost

Saving up for a sequential gearbox

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
  • Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Paul as you may know the (later) mirrors are a standard motorcycle part so you might be able to get the rubbers from a good motorcycle shop (I am pretty sure that they are Yamaha parts), unless you happen to be passing Kiwi's garage of course!

Yeah - I can sort of understand it with the mirrors as they are a bought in parts (from Yamaha) and unique to the 2-11 (I think) but the headlight units are used on the Elise and Exige (I believe) so they are dealing with large volumes (relatively) and the unit price is so much higher.

If you decide to come the the Lotus 60th Anniversary in October in NZ...well then my garage wont be too much of a detour.

My rubbers are the original square type. I can stick the in the post if your interested.

I also have a spare speedo/tacho free to a good home from a 2-11. I had it replaced as it was in mph, and not the required k/hrs.

BTW..If anybody would like to come to the 60th Anniversary (details are posted in Events), Lotus Cars NZ will supply a new Lotus if bringing your own car is not an option.

Cheers

Paul

Apparently the same headlight unit is used on Elises and Exiges after about 2002 but so far broken light units for these are proving to be about as common as rocking horse droppings!

Anyway, using a bit of tape to cover up holes is justt like the professional racers ;)

Saving up for a sequential gearbox
Paul,

I took off my rubber surrounds for the mirrors as I thought they looked like an after-thought.

I have them somewhere in the garage, they are yours if you want them.

Cheers

Paul ;)

Paul,

Just so your post, didn't mean to ignore your offer. I certainly want them if you still prepared to send to me. Let me know the cost etc.

Thanks again for your kind offer.

Paul