free hit
counters
Snetterton - Body/Aero/Other (including track set up info) - The Lotus Forums #ForTheOwners Jump to content

It's a short track but any thoughts on Snett from Monday.

What settings were people running, any specific changes for the day or did you just run what you're comfortable with?

88 Esprit NA, 89 Esprit Turbo SE, Evora, Evora S, Evora IPS, Evora S IPS, Evora S IPS SR, Evora 400, Elise S1, Elise S1 111s, Evora GT410 Sport

Evora NA

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators. I will aim to respond to emails/PM's Mon-Fri 9-6 GMT. 

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
  • Replies 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

After doing about 3 sessions with the standard SVA set-up (to get car and me up to speed), I tried out my track aero package for the first time!

With minimum rear wing (minus 1.3 degrees) I was 5mph faster (than SVA) down the back straight but the car was very lively at the back end (tendency to oversteer at the drop of a hat).

With max wing (plus 6.7 degrees) I was 3 mph slower but was able to carry much more speed through the two fast right handers (about 8-10mph extra) because the rear was very firmly planted. In fact on the fast corners there was a slight tendency towards understeer and no oversteer with slight lift offs. Some of this benefit may have been because I felt more confident in the corners (because of percieved increased grip)

The max wing set up certainly felt faster (if only I could have timed it to be sure!) and I did manage to stay with Gav for a couple of his pax laps.

I didn't play with any of the other settings (ride height, stiffness etc) - I was too busy having a good time.

Saving up for a sequential gearbox

Paul

Entirely possible my tyres are shot - the fronts certainly aren't road legal and the rears aren't much better. Just got one more track day this year to squeeze out of them then new brakes, tyres, filters and fluids at the start of next year.

Saving up for a sequential gearbox