free hit
counters
Random Stalling... - Page 2 - Engine & Ancillaries/Gearbox - The Lotus Forums Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
ads_green

Random Stalling...

Hmm - mine was never that bad before the reflash. Generally would only do it once every other drive (or so).

Almost always when coasting to a stop with the clutch down and at idle.

I would have thought your car would have the same map as mine (260ps) so that should be the same.

The only differences are that newer cars with the black dial use a different can bus protocol so it may be that the ECU and possible the exact map is different.

However for that extreme stalling I would double check all the air hoses to make sure theres no leaks or holes.

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

Mine was constantly stalling in traffic before the reflash. The upgrade has seemed to cure most of the problem.

Paul

Hmm - mine was never that bad before the reflash. Generally would only do it once every other drive (or so).

Almost always when coasting to a stop with the clutch down and at idle.

Same here, having 260 upgrade in May.

My car is the 260ps version and did it from the start on regular basis. now i have 1500 km on the tacho and the engine stalls only once in a while, it has become less frequent. I guess there is a learning function in the ECU and the engine is becoming loose ofcoarse

Bert

Edited by lotusbert

cheers for the replies. It is booked in for next wednesday so will find out then I guess. Doing my first trackday on Friday. Looking forward to it - have taken sensible approach though & booked half day instruction as I have never driven a rear wheel rear engined car on track before.

Regards Amer

Doing my first trackday on Friday. Looking forward to it - have taken sensible approach though & booked half day instruction as I have never driven a rear wheel rear engined car on track before.

Wow - I think you're in for a steep learning curve but what a way to start ;)

Just remember the elise is great and the traction control/ABS really useful but the car is still a b*stard if it goes

Ads green - cheers m8 will bear that in mind. I fully intend for my instructor to show me the ropes before I allow myself to take the wheel. Cowardly but sensible under the circumstances. Will let u know how I get on. Took it out yesterday & today around 100 mile jouneys each time - just keeps stalling but sometimes I can catch it myself before it goes.

Regards Amer

Don't be silly - it's not cowardly at all. Damn sensilble if you ask me.

You've got a car thats similar in power/weight as a 1965 F1 car and as you say limited experience with the drivetrain layout and trackdays. the fact you're recognising this is a damn good start in my book (we can't all be like scottyc!) ;)

Best way to learn and get on with the enjoying of the car. I remember the fateful day at Lotus for their driver training (with a few national kart racing championships under my belt) thining "jeez - I'll never be this good!"

I took mine out the last few days to scare the local badgers and didn't stall once. not even look like it was even going to get close.

Although the idle is reading a tad over 500rpm it's dead steady. Weird

Edited by ads_green