free hit
counters
Mirrors? - Page 2 - Body/Aero/Other (including track set up info) - The Lotus Forums Jump to content

I put some electrical tape around the hinge of the side mirrors. First I was afraid, how it's may looking. But now I think it even looks better, because it covers the rust! Tape belongs to motorsport like water to cooking...

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

Ads--Not the stick type --thanks

I'm thinking (this where things go south) I could drill a neat hole in the liner and get to the nut with a socket. I hate to do this but I also would hate to have to pull the side panel off--any other thoughts??

If after you stick a small piece of grey duct tape nobody will notice ...excep you ;-)

Tam

post-8656-126670466038_thumb.jpg

my 2-Eleven side mirrors are also a disaster

the dealer says he can do nothing except to glue them :-(

Well people,

I had the same problem last weekend with these mirrors, so I tried to tighten them. suddenly had my mirror in my hand...this mirrorbody is fixed to the stalk with a balljoint, but the tightening nut + spring is located in the mirrorbody behind the mirrorglass... so I tried to get the glass out of the body by putting the plastic body in very hot water to soften the plastic, as it is a snap assembly. In the end, altough I was very carefull, the glass did break...so end of story.

A quick search on the net and with the info that the mirror is from a Yamaha Fazer( thanks to this forum !) I came out by the manufacturer (VICMA) of these mirros wich is Spanisch( does that say/mean something ??)

You can download the complete catalogue here

http://www.vicma.es/...http://www.vicma.es/catalogo/descargas/categorias.php?id=4

but this should be the one (see picture)

so of to the yamaha dealer or an order over here, only 49 euro for a pair !

http://www.onlinemot...http://www.onlinemotoparts.com/catalog/pair-yamaha-fzr-fazer-1000-0104-p-68.html

mirror 211.bmp

Hi to everyone! it is possible order a new 2-Eleven from Lotus with the original stick rear view mirror (F1 style) instead the new version like a motorbike style? Thank you very much!

Not sure - best place to ask would be your nearest dealer.

Worst case you can retrofit the mirrors but you'd need to fill/plug the holes for the old ones.

Stefix - why would you want to? They were replaced because they were completely useless!

And is it just me or is the quote function not working??

And is it just me or is the quote function not working??

Just you.

:horse:

Click 'multiquote' on the posts you wish to quote and then 'add reply'.

88 Esprit NA, 89 Esprit Turbo SE, Evora, Evora S, Evora IPS, Evora S IPS, Evora S IPS SR, Evora 400, Elise S1, Elise S1 111s, Evora GT410 Sport

Evora NA

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators

Click 'multiquote' on the posts you wish to quote and then 'add reply'.

:)

Ads - I know they look nicer but they don't work........... - they fold in at speed - regardless of how welel you adjust or clean them! Ask Scott :horse:

Yes, it's only for they look nicer and the car seems to be more racing :)

I'll ask directly to Lotus but if they were replaced because useless, i think there is a problem :horse:

I've not had any probs with mine even when hitting hanger straight at silverstone (over 140)

Scott must have been a Jessy and not tightened them up enough :horse:

Any news thoughts on mirrors, a friend is looking to upgrade his. Thanks :)

88 Esprit NA, 89 Esprit Turbo SE, Evora, Evora S, Evora IPS, Evora S IPS, Evora S IPS SR, Evora 400, Elise S1, Elise S1 111s, Evora GT410 Sport

Evora NA

Time to resurrect this thread, is there anything better to replace the standard mirrors with?

My nearside drops when driving so is completely useless.

Is the best bet to buy a replacement Fazer mirror from eBay?

From reading back in this thread the Fazer ones do seem to be the best option but to be fair, I'd imagine any bike mirrors would fit as there are tonnes of options for thread adapters etc. Might be worth a browse of a few bike spares websites? Fazer mirrors are £22 btw :)

http://www.mandp.co.uk/index.php/default/catalogsearch/result/?q=yamaha+fazer+mirror

Evora NA

8 minutes ago, Bibs said:

From reading back in this thread the Fazer ones do seem to be the best option but to be fair, I'd imagine any bike mirrors would fit as there are tonnes of options for thread adapters etc. Might be worth a browse of a few bike spares websites? Fazer mirrors are £22 btw :)

http://www.mandp.co.uk/index.php/default/catalogsearch/result/?q=yamaha+fazer+mirror

Thanks Bibs, wasn't sure those would fit so followed the link above and bought some 2001-2005 Fazer Mirrors from eBay for a whole £3 more @ £24.99

• Like 1

Fingers crossed they do the job mate :)

• Like 1

Evora NA

It would be nice to be able to see behind me for once.

Worst case, I'll get Lotus Silverstone to fit when it goes for its service on the 3rd March.

• Like 1

I know the feeling :hrhr:

BMW+image.jpg

• Like 1

Evora NA

Doh! 

I do love the compressed rev counter. First appeared on the 340r I believe.

Evora NA