free hit
counters
Trackday questions. - Lotus / Motoring / Cars Chat - The Lotus Forums #ForTheOwners Jump to content

Hi,

Wondered if somebody could answer the following for me :

1. Does anyone have any experience of using an intercom in a 2 eleven ? I want to have some trackday tuition and wondered how well I will be able to hear above all of the wind noise etc ...

2. What sort of water temperature should I expect to see when pushing on while on track ? My car seems to sit around 86 degrees on the road in the wintertime, wondered how high it will go on a hot trackday.

Thanks.

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
  • Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

As Paul says intercom not entirely necessary. At some places the instructors have wireless headsets for you to wear under the crash helmet. Also, unless it is to indicate lines or braking points whilst on track, the instructors may do a debrief at the end of the session to cover all the areas for potential improvement, which you can go away and practice in your own time.

I have an intercom fitted so I can fully appreciate the screams of the passenger (and record the audio to accompany the video) and it does allow a more detailed and private conversation!

The water temp seems to stay consistently at 86 (provided that you keep moving) no matter how hard you are trying and what the air temperature is. Of course it does start to creep up if you are stopped with the engine running for any length of time. If only the intercooler were as good!

Saving up for a sequential gearbox