free hit
counters
Seat adjustment - Body/Aero/Other (including track set up info) - The Lotus Forums #ForTheOwners Jump to content

At long last my 2-Eleven has arrived and is even more splendid than anticipated. Haven't actually driven it yet; it's at the dealership being prepped and having LS engine mounts installed. While they were positioning the seat for me, they discovered that forward adjustment is extremely limited because the cockpit narrows so much it blocks forward movement of the race seat. With the seat all the way forward, my leg is fully extended when depressing the clutch. I prefer driving a little closer and would like to know how you blokes deal with it. I'm 5'10" so I assume I'm not the only one to encounter the problem. Growth hormone is not an option at my age.

Norm

post-160-1227078527_thumb.jpg

Edited by Norm

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
  • Replies 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The only thing you can do is to check the mounting of the seat rails. There's quite a few holes in the base of the chassis to choose from and sometimes they aren't in the right ones (bit of a longshot though).

the other optinon is to check the seat and see if there are any alternative mounting points to pick.

To be honest though it's not a new problem and has been around ever since the S1 got M/sport seats.

Norm,

I have the same problem although not as bad being 6ft tall. Unfortunately there is no quick fix. Considering most racing drivers are built like jockeys these days you would think the problem would be the other way around.

Have been speaking to Lotus Sport whom have long been aware of the problem and have been told that a new Race Seat with greater adjustment is on the way.

Not much compensation I know but good to argue for a discount!

Paul

I have my seat just about perfect now.

BTW this is the Lotus Sport Recaro that we are talking about rather than the black and yellow street seats.

Norm, I think the guys just need to keep fiddling and they will get there. The other option is adding a cushion behind your back to move you forward, I did that at my race in China and it worked very well.

Norm,

It can be done, but it's a labor intensive project. In order to get the seat as far forward as possible (using the forward most hole on the seat bracket) will require removing (and losing) the plastic console cover and then you will need to slightly notch the lower front right portion of the seat base to clear the shift box. You can also easily adjust the rake of the seat back to get your upper torso/hands closer to the wheel. Adding additional padding to the seat back, as Patrick suggested, may also help. I told you that 2Eleven ownership is an adventure. :D

Any questions, feel free to call me.

Edited by Jack

I see you left your black plastic floor protector on as well.

With the seat all the way up, do you think a person of 5'-6" stature would be able to reach the controls?

I ask because the idea is to let the wife unit have a go of it in the car. Being as the seat adjustment proces is so less than "do it on the spot" I wanted to ask before going through the operation.

I would think a cushion behind her back to move her forward is the best and possibly only option. You should be able to figure out if this will work in the garage.

The other option would be to buy an Exige drivers seat with slide rails (or one that matches the passenger seat you have) and put that in for days when she would want to drive.

Edited by Patricko