free hit
counters
Lotus Sport 2Eleven Technical Set-up day - Lotus / Motoring / Cars Chat - The Lotus Forums #ForTheOwners Jump to content

Lotus Sport 2Eleven Technical Set-up day

I've spoken with Sport and this is something they will consider for forum members if the logisitics/details work out ok for everyone, thanks to Jo for the suggestion and prod!

I know that a fair few cars are SORN'd presently so firstly, when would be good? Before next season starts would be ideal I guess; when will you be getting your cars back on the road, would you do it sooner than your first track day for a day like this or would you consider trailering the car to the factory? Ideas below please...

Also, what would you like to see? Technical seminars/hands on set up techniques and advice/cars on track (driven by you or them?)/who you would like to be there etc.

As you know, Lotus are often on this forum and will take your suggestions on board and I'll summarise the replies to them too. Nothing can be promised as yet but if we suggest a good idea of a day to them, fingers crossed it will happen :D

88 Esprit NA, 89 Esprit Turbo SE, Evora, Evora S, Evora IPS, Evora S IPS, Evora S IPS SR, Evora 400, Elise S1, Elise S1 111s, Evora GT410 Sport

Evora NA

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators. I will aim to respond to emails/PM's Mon-Fri 9-6 GMT. 

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
  • Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Bibs,

Sounds good. March next year would be ideal personally.

As to format anything that the LotusSport guys would be willing to do, especially in the set up department and maybe if not top secret what bits and pieces are being developed/in the pipeline

Paul

Agree with Paul, March is probably the best time - mine isn't SORN but I am away for most of January and February will be the service/upgrades time (look out B&C)

Personally I would like some hands-on set-up stuff, especially those Ohlins and some expansion upon the set-up notes already provided (Ride and Handling supplement), which explains how to change things but not what the effects are (I know these aren't simple and straightforward but having some idea of the primary effects would be helpful to novices like me). Maybe the primary and secondary effects can be the discussion of a seminar type thing

I would really like some track time with somebody who could look at my driving style (I use the word loosely) and advise how I might change the vehicle set-up to improve overall performance. Preferably this would be one vehicle at a time on the track but realise this may be too time consuming.

I would also like an "expert" to drive me round the track in my car so I can see what it can do and suggest general set-up improvements.

My plan would be to trailer the car to Hethel, with the possibility of an overnight if an early start is envisaged. I would really like to fire up my on-board video camera whilst going round the track (so any mules probably need to be kept hidden).

Any sneak previews of forthcoming upgrades would obviously be very welcome.

No great thoughts about specific people but perhaps having Gavan Kershaw to drive our cars round would be attractive.

I am off to Australia next week until mid Jan but would like to be included if something can be arranged (even if I can't read about it until I return).

Saving up for a sequential gearbox

Bibs,

You've been busy lately! Thanks for all the information. In the interest of we owners that even trailering our cars to Hethel is terribly impractical, how about a video webinar or a DVD copy of the seminar once it has been completed? Although many of us are very envious of UK owners who can avail themselves of direct factory support, I would think that Lotus would be interested in getting this type of service available internationally.

Bill

Hi,

Hands on set-up advice would be great, both on how to make adjustments and what adjustments should be made to compliment each other.

I would also like to have advise on what would be a good general set up on individual circuits, i.e snetterton, silverstone g.p, etc....

Thanks for your help in organising all this.

Good stuff - thanks Bibs.

I'd like someone to explain how the suspension works (in English) and then help me understand the different possibilities for set up to suit different types of track.

Any driving tips would also be gratefully received. Basically some on board instruction, with a "this will happen if you do/don't do this" etc type approach.

April would be better than March for me, as I will have to drive it up and wasn't planning on bringing it out of hibernation until then.

Obviously demand for an international 2-11 owners conference in some glamourous location with a fleet of 2-11s provided by the Factory for us owners to play with on a private track. :D:P:angry:

I have just the place and my car is there now, I am going out this weekend:)

http://www.springmountainmotorsports.com/

The USA Lotus school is at this track and it is 1 hour from Vegas :angry:

arielview-cl.jpg

Edited by Patricko

Hmmm 1 hour from Las Vegas - doesn't sound very glamourous, sounds like the middle of the desert! I was thinking more of mountains - nothing better than some hairpin bends with a 1000 ft drop off on one side in case you mess up the corner!

Looks like a good facility though - and you probably get much better weather. Have you tried driving a 2-11 when the air temperature is below zero (Celsius)?

Hmmm 1 hour from Las Vegas - doesn't sound very glamourous, sounds like the middle of the desert! I was thinking more of mountains - nothing better than some hairpin bends with a 1000 ft drop off on one side in case you mess up the corner!

Looks like a good facility though - and you probably get much better weather. Have you tried driving a 2-11 when the air temperature is below zero (Celsius)?

Yes, it is the middle of the desert but the scenery is very nice, you drive through Red Rock Canyon to get there.

http://www.desertusa.com/redrock/

view_2308.jpg

As to driving at zero, no and I don't think I will as it never gets anywhere near that cold here.

I do like the rain :D

Does it really go down that far? I thought that was only in the movies and in Green Bay :D

We have "enjoyed" mostly negative temperatures for a few days now. Clear blue sky and -1 C at the moment here - still should get up to 4 or 5 degrees by midday!

You get time to look at the scenery? Those straights must be mighty long!

• 1 month later...

I'll chase up Sport on Monday :blink:

88 Esprit NA, 89 Esprit Turbo SE, Evora, Evora S, Evora IPS, Evora S IPS, Evora S IPS SR, Evora 400, Elise S1, Elise S1 111s, Evora GT410 Sport

Evora NA

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators. I will aim to respond to emails/PM's Mon-Fri 9-6 GMT. 

I've just spoken with Sport and this is still a consideration and it's just been moved up the list of 'things to do' as they are hectic at present!

I'll keep everyone posted on further developments.

Evora NA

Bibs - thanks for the update - shall await developments with baited breath.

I suppose we should be impressed that they are too busy to take advantage of customers wanting to spend money!

This contrasts nicely with other vehicle manufacturers - I am looking to buy a new daily drive car at the moment and am having to beat away the salesmen who want to deliver a demo car to my home or place of work.

Bibs - thanks for the update - shall await developments with baited breath.

I suppose we should be impressed that they are too busy to take advantage of customers wanting to spend money!

This contrasts nicely with other vehicle manufacturers - I am looking to buy a new daily drive car at the moment and am having to beat away the salesmen who want to deliver a demo car to my home or place of work.

So what hairdressers car you looking at now Del, Prius? :blink:

Paul

More sheep shagger than hairdresser this time :blink:

I was going to replace the Z4 with a BMW M5 Touring but after a test drive, decided I really couldn't live with the gearbox on a day to day basis (gear shifts are far too harsh).

So instead I am looking to augment my garage with a 4WD which will also become my daily drive when I don't want to take the Z4. Current candidates include Toyota Land Cruiser, BMW X5, Mitsibushi Shogun and Land Rover Discovery.

It will be used to tow my trailer so must be able to pull 2 tonnes and have a satisfactory number of gadgets and gismos (sat-nav, cruise control, hill-descent, etc etc) as well as enough torques (as Clarkson would have it). Also must be able to clear the supermarket car-park speed humps, unlike the 2-11 and Z4 :)

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Everyone, we are looking at dates to run a 2-Eleven day and wanted to see how you would feel about a Friday in March? The reason for a Friday is we are booked solid for weekend track events and a 2-Eleven day without the track sounds a bit like a horse with three legs. The other good thing about a Friday is the factory is open so we could include a look around in there if that appealed. I like the idea of a video for all you poor folks who can't live in Blighty with it's oppressive tax regimes and appalling weather :( ; we'll see what we can do.

Let me know if a Friday would suit or whether we have to schedule for a weekend later in the year.

Nick