free hit
counters
New owner in S.Florida - Introductions - The Lotus Forums Jump to content

New owner in S.Florida

Hello from sunny South Florida--

My 2-11 came in today. Absolutely stunning! It's storm titanium with black and red and white stripes. May be the 1st 09 in the states (salesman told me so :blink: )

I was scheduled for a couple of track days this weekend, but unfortunately I have met the seat adjustability monster. Stinks to be short. Oh well--I look forward to visiting the site and contributing as best I can.

Manny

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
  • Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey Manny, welcome to the forum :)

We needs pics really if you don't mind :blink:

88 Esprit NA, 89 Esprit Turbo SE, Evora, Evora S, Evora IPS, Evora S IPS, Evora S IPS SR, Evora 400, Elise S1, Elise S1 111s, Evora GT410 Sport

Evora NA

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators. I will aim to respond to emails/PM's Mon-Fri 9-6 GMT. 

Nice!

StormTitanium2-11004-1.jpg

88 Esprit NA, 89 Esprit Turbo SE, Evora, Evora S, Evora IPS, Evora S IPS, Evora S IPS SR, Evora 400, Elise S1, Elise S1 111s, Evora GT410 Sport

Evora NA

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators. I will aim to respond to emails/PM's Mon-Fri 9-6 GMT. 

Manny,

Congrats, you're going to love it and become a grinning 2-11 loon like the rest of us. hope you have it as you like in time to bring it up to LOG 29 in Birmingham. It sure would be neat to have a bunch of 2-11's at the event.

Enjoy the ride!

Al B.

Remember to add your car to the 2Eleven Registry

http://www.2elevenforum.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=12

:blink:

Evora NA

Manny,

If you are 5' 9 and you need your seat a little more forward I would bet that it is already as far forward as it will go.

The race seat is a real bastard to adjust as well, and very little adjustability anyway, sp you might be better of with a bolster for the backrest which should push you forward slightly.

Paul

Edited by pgn340r

Manny,

congrats mate, this is really stunning !!! :blink: Very happy with your picture as my 2-11 on order is also in storm titanium but without the striping and it is the first time a see the car in that colour. I just knew it would look great !! Oh man, i'm so in need of my 2-11 now that i have seen this picture. delivery is due for march...

Enjoy and have fun !!!

Bert

Edited by lotusbert

Thanks to all for the kind words and warm welcome.

The dealer adjusted as far forward as the rail allowed. Basically, just as Jack did-- shaved the seat corners. Did a bit on each side and was able to keep the shifter cover. Its still a bit too far back for my taste but with a rather goofy seat cushion it is ok (the guys are going to have a good laugh). All this means my track plans are back on! :blink: And trust me I'm a newbie and need all the practice I can get.

My first impression is that this car is very civilized. My Exige S was lowered and was quite a terror on my filings. The acceleration feels great but I obviously have not been able to stretch her legs.

Scott- you bet . I look forward to Moroso soon. Especially after the refurbishing.

Oh... I forgot I'm a tall 5'6". So I see a new seat rail in my future.

Saludos-- Manny

• 2 weeks later...
Manny,

If you are 5' 9 and you need your seat a little more forward I would bet that it is already as far forward as it will go.

The race seat is a real bastard to adjust as well, and very little adjustability anyway, sp you might be better of with a bolster for the backrest which should push you forward slightly.

Paul

Paul - are you admitting that you use a booster cushion? :blink:

Saving up for a sequential gearbox