free hit
counters
Allow me to introduce a new member of the forum - Introductions - The Lotus Forums Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
Bibs

Allow me to introduce a new member of the forum

Nick has kindly agreed to join the 2Eleven forum and will be online helping out with problems and questions regarding your cars. He is, an you can imagine, very busy at times but hopes to be able to visit from time to time to help out where he can but please don't expect instant responses to every technical problem, if you get a response from Nick at all.

For those of you who don't know Nick, I'd like to let you know that there is nothing he doesn't know about the 2Eleven and having worked at Lotus since 1986, Vehicle Development Manager since 1998 there's not much he doesn't know about all the others too! :( With the 2Eleven; Nick invented it, engineered it, designed it, eventually built it and even drove me around Hethel in one some time ago! :)

So, hello Nick and welcome! unworthy.gif

*Please note that due to his work and the fact that this isn't an 'official' Lotus technical resource, you can only ask questions and get answers via the forum, his Personal Messenger and email are disabled.

88 Esprit NA, 89 Esprit Turbo SE, Evora, Evora S, Evora IPS, Evora S IPS, Evora S IPS SR, Evora 400, Elise S1, Elise S1 111s, Evora GT410 Sport

Evora NA

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

Welcome indeed Nick. I am sure we will all benefit from your wise words and massive experience.

So about the fuel surge problem for us owners of early cars.... :(

Oh and well done Bibs!

Saving up for a sequential gearbox

All credit to Nick for wanting to join us, I just run the place! :(

88 Esprit NA, 89 Esprit Turbo SE, Evora, Evora S, Evora IPS, Evora S IPS, Evora S IPS SR, Evora 400, Elise S1, Elise S1 111s, Evora GT410 Sport

Evora NA

Nick,

Needless to say, welcome! Don't expect to get many comments on the 2-Eleven from the 23 registry forum. There's only a few of us who even (unfortunately) care! :( Hope you got your measurements. How about 2-Eleven fuel tanks? :)

Bill

Hello, nice to be here! As Bibs says I will try to pop on the forum once in a while as and when I can find the time for the next couple of weeks. Right now I'm back home, the workshop is slightly above freezing and the 23 is calling so I'll pop out there for a while and then come back in when hypothermia is imminent and have look at whats' going on. With regard to the fuel surge, a small number (by no means a majority) of cars were affected with a quality issue which we have since resolved, no recent cars are affected and I am trying to sort out what we can do about older cars that are affected. I can't promise anything, but I will try! :(

Right, I'm off outside for a bit, speak later. Nick

With regard to the fuel surge, a small number (by no means a majority) of cars were affected with a quality issue which we have since resolved, no recent cars are affected

Could somebody tell me if my car would be described as recent please. It is build number 164.

Thanks.

Hello mr Adams,

thanks for joining us and a big thank you for developping the 2-eleven !

I am waiting for delivery of my 2-eleven in the next weeks. Maybe you have seen it already

2-eleven storm titanium LHD for Belgium ??

kind regards,

Bert

Hi Nick and welcome :(

I first heard of Nick in the days of the Offical Lotus Club forum where he participated redulary (mostly on his own time) and was the most valuable resource you could imagine. Definately went above and beyond the call of duty to help with questions and sort out various technical and non technical issues (most of which not in his dept!).

When the demands on Nicks time got too much and he had to retreat away from the forum he was sorely missed but I think everybody understood and was just thankful at having access to someone who was so keen to help.

I was also very fortunate to have a passenger lap in an S2 Exige with Nick at the Top Gear test track marking the launch of the Toyota powered cars. Absolutel stunning car control and we were catching a Thorney's Stage 2 VXR turbo (running serious BHP) and if it wasn't for running out of petrol I'm convinced we would have had him :). Certainly not surprised that he had a big part in the 211!

I don't mean to upset or tread on any toes but one thing I would say to members is that this is such a rare opportunity and simply doesn't happen with other manufacturers. I'm sure Nick would want to help all 211 owners in all areas but I don't want to scare him away so I'd guess (may be wrong - Nick can confirm!) he'd rather stay on a technical side (like the excellent recent discussion surrounding slicks) rather than "I've got this warranty claim..." or "I'm waiting for my car" that are better directed at dealers (if you see what I mean).

In short I saw the title of this thread and just thought "nah - can't be" - but it is! Happy days! :(

Ads

Edited by ads_green

Scotty, Nick's is so busy that he's on here for a short period now and might not be back for a few weeks/months so an 'Ask Nick' section might end up with too many posts unanswered for some time, this would be of no benefit. It might also make coming here 'hard work' so I'd rather Nick can enjoy his visits to the forum imparting and sharing his knowledge, as I hope everyone gets to enjoy the site.

I think we can appreciate that he will hopefully be able to pop in from time to time to help out and any time he can visit is a bonus.

Evora NA

Could somebody tell me if my car would be described as recent please. It is build number 164.

Thanks.

Yes it is fairly recent

Guest Jack

Welcome Nick and thanks for making the 2Eleven a reality .... I love it.

Looking forward to receiving your sage advice.

Yes it is fairly recent

My car is number 165 (i think), I got it in August 2008.

Thanks chaps and welcome Nick.

Hi Everyone, sorry for the lack of response after my first post, but got engrossed in the workshop and forgot to get too cold and go indoors.... Thanks for all the welcome notes, it's nice to be back on the web and I will try my hardest to give to straight answers to technical questions. As Ads says, although I am always interested to hear of issues and will try to help where I can, I cannot get directly involved in warranty disputes or the like as this upsets my esteemed colleagues enormously and will lead to this service being withdrawn by the powers above. Similarly it is very difficult for me to get involved in discussions on non-Lotus approved parts or suppliers/dealers for obvious reasons.

As Bibs has suggested, it's probably best if I just pop in and offer my thoughts on matters as and when they appear rather than have a direct "ask Nick" thread, apart from anything else I do have a home to go to! I will try to have a look on here every day, so hopefully I will not miss too many hot topics.

Did you see the review of the warmed up X-Bow in last weeks Autocar? KTM must be starting to hate us..... :(

Nick

hi nick,

wondering when you will be popping up on this forum and since i got here first, WELCOME, ha ha.

guys, not only is nick a great engineer, he's a wily strategist and very experienced in managing a race team. i was lucky enough to had to opportunity to work side by side with him a this year's 24H Dubai race and picked up so much in the 4 days with his guidance in the team.

tks nick, appreciate it.

Hi Kelv, great to hear from you. I saw you on here and to be honest that was one of the triggers that set me thinking I ought to make an appearance as well. How's it going over there? The car still hasn't got back from Dubai, hopefully we'll see here early next week. I'm hoping , if we have time before we start getting her ready for the next outing, to get her into the main reception display area for a few days, still covered in the dirt and flies from the race. If you guys have no objection I'll run your video on a loop in the background although I'll have to distract people when the bit with me fast asleep comes up! :(

Speak soon, Nick

things are great here nick. we are waiting for our container to clear which should be end of this week.

it's great to hv you on this forum. lots of questions and who better to answer them.

please do send us some pictures when you hv the reception set up. you are welcome to loop the video. we just view our MTV version and the full video. i'll get a set to you soon. you will laugh till your side stitches.

tks for your view and suggestions. very valuable insights and lots for us to work on, but what the hell, we all want to win right.

catch up soon. / kelv