free hit
counters
Cruise Control - Lotus / Motoring / Cars Chat - The Lotus Forums #ForTheOwners Jump to content

Cruise Control

Just been going over a few threads from Lotus Talk and the subject of cruise control has popped up again.

Given the change to Drive-by-wire throttle I'm surprised that something like this isn't available quite easily - even built into the ECU.

I know with the 211 it's ability to enter license losing territory very quickly coupled with the dash that isn't the easiest to read makes this quite interesting.

Also just the nature of the 211 makes long motorway journies to tracks quite tiring.

So is this something that would be possible? I know if it were an option I'd go for it :lol:

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
  • Replies 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just been going over a few threads from Lotus Talk and the subject of cruise control has popped up again.

Given the change to Drive-by-wire throttle I'm surprised that something like this isn't available quite easily - even built into the ECU.

I know with the 211 it's ability to enter license losing territory very quickly coupled with the dash that isn't the easiest to read makes this quite interesting.

Also just the nature of the 211 makes long motorway journies to tracks quite tiring.

So is this something that would be possible? I know if it were an option I'd go for it :huh:

Are you sure you are not a Yank?

Do you want a cup holder too? :P

Sorry :lol:

Sorry to disagree but I think trailers is the right way forward for long motorway journeys with 2-Elevens.

Advantages include a comfy chair, staying warm and dry (or cool and refreshed), cruise control, in car entertainment, cup holders a plenty (if you must), ability to carry more than 1 passenger and to converse with them, no excessive mileage on those expensive A048s, no wear and tear on the 2-11...

Also can be an easier way to get the car home in the event of a mishap on the track.

Saving up for a sequential gearbox

• 1 month later...

I just had to drive the car back to the house from the dealership after it recieved it's first service. It's only a distance of a couple of miles but the roads are less than perfect. Surfaces are typical Houston torture tracks with a paving block roundabout, (traffic circle), thrown in for good measure.

I have to say that I don't know that I would much fancy driving the car on urban roads considering the kidney busting nature of the suspension which for the track is the nines. Sorry, old time slang for most excellent.

Even though it was a short 5 minute drive it was a small adventure in itself. You should have seen the looks on all the peoples faces, especially those in the commuter bus, as they spied the 2-11 coming down the street. Nearly caused a wreck at one intersection and had a small herd of cell phone camera users follow me all the way to my drive way.

If the distance would have been just a mile more it wouldn't have surprised me to see the local news helicopter and van come out.

If you're going to add cruise control and a cup holder you might as well go for the video screen in the head rests as one young enterprising sort did with his Elise. I kid you not!