counters
Bell & Colvill 2-Eleven Focus Event - Events - The Lotus Forums Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
scott

Bell & Colvill 2-Eleven Focus Event

M_B87.jpg

Saturday May 16th

9:00am – 5:00pm

Bell and Colvill are hosting a focus event for the Lotus 2-Eleven at their showroom in West Horsley. The day is aimed at those enthusiasts who have perhaps considered one, but have never been behind the wheel of one.

Lotus Cars UK are providing a 2-Eleven 190 demonstrator and Paul Adams for prospects to book demonstration runs in the car, offering an on road demonstration and drive. Helmets or facemask will be provided.

We shall also be joined by Nick Adams and Russell Gibbons from Lotus Motorsport who are on hand to provide further detail to the car.

At 1330 a technical seminar will be held in our workshops, in which will feature a 2-Eleven used exclusively at the Ascari circuit in Spain. This car will be used to show existing owners adjustments that can be made to the car, from wing position, to ohlins adjustment, ride height to roll bar position. An open Q&A session shall also feature.

Weather permitting, the day shall finish with a 2-Eleven Owners group photograph, so we would like to see as many 2-Eleven`s here as possible!

Test drives on the 190 are on a first come first served basis, and booked in advance. Email Scott Walker or call 01483 281000. PLEASE REMEMBER BOTH PARTS OF DRIVING LICENCE TO SATISFY OUR INSURERS!

Light refreshments are available on the day.

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

There may be cream cakes! ;)

See you there Scott and I look forward to meeting lots of forum members too :)

88 Esprit NA, 89 Esprit Turbo SE, Evora, Evora S, Evora IPS, Evora S IPS, Evora S IPS SR, Evora 400, Elise S1, Elise S1 111s, Evora GT410 Sport

Evora NA

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators

I will be there, especially for the technical forum - perhaps you will get a picture of my car this time Bibs ;)

Will forego the test drive in a n/a car though

Saving up for a sequential gearbox

Thanks to all involved in making this event happen.

Scott and the guys at B&C who worked hard to get it done. Huge thanks to Nick and Russell who talked and answered questions for 3 hours solid in the afternoon. Martin Donnnelly who took people out in the factory car in the cold and rain. And Bibs for the cakes - sorry I missed you.

As always Nick was a mine of information and funny stories about all things Lotus - not just the 2-11.

Not many car maunfacturers who are so open and willing to chat as Lotus are - thanks again guys.

Apologies for having to leave early, I had to pick this up after it being away for 8 weeks having new paint ;)

IMG_4464.jpg

Here are some pics from the day for those who didn't attend.

IMG_4458.jpg

IMG_4449.jpg

IMG_4457.jpg

IMG_4456.jpg

IMG_4447.jpg

IMG_4445.jpg

IMG_4448.jpg

IMG_4446.jpg

IMG_4443.jpg

88 Esprit NA, 89 Esprit Turbo SE, Evora, Evora S, Evora IPS, Evora S IPS, Evora S IPS SR, Evora 400, Elise S1, Elise S1 111s, Evora GT410 Sport

Evora NA

A big thankyou to Scott and B&C for organising the day and to Nick and Russell for taking the time to answer questions and share their knowledge - it's much appreciated.

I thought the day went pretty well, and I'd like to thank all those who came for coming. I hope that it was of use to all of our exisiting owners in terms of helping them to get the best out of their cars. Pretty difficult arranging these days when factoring in needs and requirements from existing owners and also prospects, but I thought that it worked out well. Commercially, we have four very strong enquiries for 2-Elevens, so a good day for us too.

Special thanks to Nick & Russ, for making the time to join us and for the extensive talk. Extended thanks to LOTUS for providing a 190 2-Eleven and wheelman Martin Donnelly, and thanks to Martin for his all day wheel work. The car even remained free from used cream cakes on the passenger side footwell too........

Bibs, good pictures; we'll be having a chat 'bout one of the choices though!

ATB

Scott.

I was going to say you should have tried the cream puff rather than the

Evora NA

Bibs - sorry to have missed you but the cream cakes were excellent (I had to have a couple to stop Simon eating them all!)

Many thanks to Scott, Nick, Martin and Russell for their time and effort - especially to Nick for risking his back demonstrating how to get in and out of the GT4 with full cage.

Was great to meet some new faces and to see the enthusiasm of owners.

Especially pleased that Scott was too busy to sell me a GT4 - my wallet lives to buy another day!

Saving up for a sequential gearbox

Scott

Thank you for organising such a unique event & especially to Nick Adams and all the lotus team,for

the technical chat etc.

Another one please.......

Mr Grapes

Bibs:

Once again I find myself envious of 2-Eleven owners from the UK. Not only do you have generally active dealers (like B&C) and Lotus Cars/Lotus Sport nearby for support, you get a chance to meet with other 2-Eleven Forum members. I for one would like to put some faces with names of people from the forum and Lotus Cars. At your next get together, how about some group pictures putting some names with some faces. We'll try and reciprocate from the States with a group picture of attending 2-Eleven owners at LOG 29 in another 10 days. Thanks.

Bill