free hit
counters
CAT Driver Training - Lotus / Motoring / Cars Chat - The Lotus Forums #ForTheOwners Jump to content

This is a thread for CAT to keep us up to date with their goings on and also an opportunity for us to ask questions about CAT and their activities.

88 Esprit NA, 89 Esprit Turbo SE, Evora, Evora S, Evora IPS, Evora S IPS, Evora S IPS SR, Evora 400, Elise S1, Elise S1 111s, Evora GT410 Sport

Evora NA

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators. I will aim to respond to emails/PM's Mon-Fri 9-6 GMT. 

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
  • Replies 11
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi Everyone and thank you Bibs for making us feel very welcome and for setting up this area for me. There will be quite a bit of information I post up now to help you get to know us as well as some trips you may be interested to join us on.

The first piece to share with you is this article which has just been published today on Evo Magazine:

Evo Feature on CAT Driver Training

Jo

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Introduction to CAT & Our Training Difference

Get the best from your car

Edited by CATDT

Ask the Expert - Colin Hoad - Evo Magazine

Watch our new promo film here: Corporate Overview

Read the latest article published by Evo Magazine here: CAT Driver Training review | Features | evo

http://www.catdrivertraining.co.uk

"It's run by a top team of people and we thoroughly recommend them - Fifth Gear."

I realise that the 1 on 1 basis of the training means that each training event is unique but is it possible to give some indication of prices, especially for using our own vehicle. Unless the training involved the use of some special facilities or additional staff, I would imagine the daily cost to be pretty static (1xInstructor plus facility overheads).

Perhaps some others (eg PGN340R) might want to pay for my training so I am not so much of a rolling chicane out on track ;)

Saving up for a sequential gearbox

The standard courses have set prices - it only becomes bespoke if you want to tweak with the duration or format. Our website has all the courses with a more detailed overview of what is included and relevant pricing but for ease here is a brief overview. Apologies that the formatting has been lost from my Word document ;) :

Standard One on One Course Options

Many of the skills you employ to drive safely on the road run in parallel with driving at speed

on a circuit: looking ahead; planning & awareness; safe cornering techniques; driving with

mechanical sympathy; & keeping the vehicle stable & balanced in all driving scenarios.

Calm clear instruction is enthusiastically given to support & encourage your confidence.

As a result of the skills learnt, practiced, developed & understood, you will come away from

your time with your instructor having experienced an exciting & rewarding day.

Edited by CATDT

Read the latest article published by Evo Magazine here: CAT Driver Training review | Features | evo

"It's run by a top team of people and we thoroughly recommend them - Fifth Gear."

Looking forward to a day I have booked with yourselves on 30th May - along with a friend of mine in his Atom - Dave Triggs. I am fully expecting to be an accomplished suspension expert at the end of the day ;)

And coming along again in August on the day Bibs has organised - I need all the help I can get!

Cheers

jo

We're looking forward to meeting you Jo ;)

Jo

• 3 weeks later...

Thanks to both Colin and Jo for ensuring that we both had a superb day yesterday. The facilty is fantastic - for those who haven't seen it, it is quite a place!

Colin was exceptionally good at ensuring we were happy with the technical points before going out to practice on the various tracks - I have come away with a lot to think about in terms of improving my technique, and also the realisation that the Lotus recommended settings for my suspension are pretty spot on for me at the moment - so I can worry less about whether I should be twiddling with it on track days, and more about my driving.

For the first time, I feel I understand a bit more about weight transfer and how to use it to settle the car and increase grip - that alone was worth going for, but add in a load of other ideas for me to think about and try and out, and the day was extremely good value.

Thanks again - and Jo - sandwiches in the hut worked very well - than you for organising that - it was nice not have to leave the facility and be able to stay focused on the conversations at hand.

Looking forward to coming again in August and seeing whether Colin thinks I have improved at all cool.gif

Looking forward to coming again in August and seeing whether Colin thinks I have improved at all cool.gif

That will be without question I'm sure ;)

Great to know you had a good day and got what you wanted from your training. You would have liked the garden centre but I'm always pleased to be of service and glad you enjoyed the choice :)

Look forward to seeing you again in August - let's hope it is another beautiful day cool.gif

Jo

• 4 months later...

For those interested - here is a first glimpse of our new promotional video for my push into the corporate world. Will give you a view of the standard circuits we use as well as a bit more information on us :)

CAT Driver Training Promotional Video

Jo

• 1 month later...

For those interested - here is a first glimpse of our new promotional video for my push into the corporate world. Will give you a view of the standard circuits we use as well as a bit more information on us :thumbsup:

CAT Driver Training Promotional Video

Jo

I'll have to book something up next year Jo - when I have a car that works!! :thumbsup:

Be good to see you & Colin again

Edited by Junks

I'm just waiting for dates from Jo right now, watch this space! :thumbsup:

88 Esprit NA, 89 Esprit Turbo SE, Evora, Evora S, Evora IPS, Evora S IPS, Evora S IPS SR, Evora 400, Elise S1, Elise S1 111s, Evora GT410 Sport

Evora NA

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators. I will aim to respond to emails/PM's Mon-Fri 9-6 GMT.