free hit
counters
Tire valves - Ride/Handling/Suspension/Brakes/Wheels/Tyres - The Lotus Forums Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  

I may be the only to have experienced this but just in case I thought I'd pass it along.

I had just returned from our national Lotus Owners Gathering event which I had taken the 2-11 to and upon returning home when I opened the trailer door I found that two of the tires, (one front, opposite rear), were flat as a pancake.

Turns out that both tire valves had come loose in the stem. The other two were okay but a bit loose and not snug as they should be.

Might be good to check your tire valves on occasion. It was a new one on me.

Al

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

Al

Thanks for the warning. Personally I have the Tyresure valves fitted that have the temperature and pressure radio transmitter attached to them (i.e. not standard valves).

Also the UK ones are better because we use a Y :angry:

Saving up for a sequential gearbox

Thanks! How did LOG go? I was not able to make it this year. :D

Mr. Oz,

You missed a good one. There were some problems in the execution of certian events but once things were somewhat sorted out it worked pretty good. For me the good of it all far outweighed the bad.

Personally the wife and I had a great time. Got to see a lot of old friends and meet and hopefully make some new ones.

The high point for me was the one on one instruction and lead/follow session that I had with Doc Bundy. Doc was great at answering questions and explaining how things need to be done.

There were loads of nice cars and the Barber museum had enough eye candy to make any two or four wheeled enthusiast drool. I'm both so I was totally slobbered by the time I walked out and this was my third time there.

Next years LOG will be in Gettysburg so maybe you can make it out to that one. I'm sure it won't be anywhere near as hot or humid as it was in Birmingham. LOG is scheduled for the second weekend of October so you have plenty of time to prepare.

My car was used to help promote the Lotus Challenge series slated to start in Terxas later this year. The really tall and leggy blonde that Jim navarro brought along for the task was definitely an entertainment value. Funny, it did seem to get a bit warmer, even in the shade, when she showed up. Go figure and sorry, no photos. Definitely another plus point to the event :angry:

I did not make it there but those that went to Taledega raceway had fun and the auto-X event had a large attendance and some high chuckle factor moments. Richard Parrimint set the all time slowest record and was soley responsible for the miserable death of several marker cones. He won't live that one down for some time. I know since we were able to work on him all the way back to Texas.

The hotel accomodations were very nice but chilly. They had the AC cranked to the max in the meeting rooms which is how I ended up with a doozy of a head cold. Wouldn't be right if nothing went wrong.

The track day had it's share of good and bads but was fun for the most part. 90 plus temps and equally high humidity turned it into a bit of a sweat fest and the lack of organization on the part of the organizers created some confusion. The gorgeous track facility and excellent course soon made up for that. The Barber course is a roller coaster of a ride and as much fun as one could ask for.

See ya in Gettysburg,

Al

Thanks Al,

It sounds like fun. It was too close to another event I attended in all places.....nebraska :D . The track was awesome, one of the nicest I have ever been to.... http://www.racemph.com/.

Here is a photo of the group....my car is the sunset red in the lower r/h corner.....

http://www.racemph.com/_borders/Cobra-5-14-09-03509-SML.jpg

I look forward to next years LOG. :angry:

Dan

SNAP! :angry:

yes me to. I have them on both my sets of wheels.

They have been very good for the racing.

Here for a good time, not a long time