free hit
counters
build number - Lotus / Motoring / Cars Chat - The Lotus Forums Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
Scotty C

build number

anyone know what build number we are up to and how may 2-11's are being built per week.

I have entered my local sprint race this weekend and someone has spat the dummy when the entry list was relised yesterday wanting to move me from Marque Road Sports Cars (with all the other Exiges/Elises (someone has a exige with 240bhp turbo UCR straight cut box) ) into the class with 400 BHP dax's etc

To qualify for Marque Road Sports class they should really have made 1000 units, but I am trying to fight my corner telling them its a new model etc.

TIA

Scotty

Here for a good time, not a long time

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

Just shy of 300 so far mate.

88 Esprit NA, 89 Esprit Turbo SE, Evora, Evora S, Evora IPS, Evora S IPS, Evora S IPS SR, Evora 400, Elise S1, Elise S1 111s, Evora GT410 Sport

Evora NA

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators

So how many turbo exiges have been built then with UCR straight cut gearboxes? :angry:

Hardly a road car - at least your's is probably more legal than theirs.

Based on that logic you could take Randy's super Europa and claim it in the same category if you're allowing fundamental mods like that.

The problem of build rate is going to be hard though - if Lotus are still SVA'ing them then I think they are limited to about 50/year for the uk. Most are going as dedicated track cars (certainly a fair few look like they go to the states) so have no need to be covered by the SVA limit. Even then lucky to be 100/year tops.

298 is on the line currently.

Congrats on the new car Pascal, I'll have a fiver on 295 for you! :angry:

88 Esprit NA, 89 Esprit Turbo SE, Evora, Evora S, Evora IPS, Evora S IPS, Evora S IPS SR, Evora 400, Elise S1, Elise S1 111s, Evora GT410 Sport

Evora NA

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators

Well my car isn't even 2 years old yet and is one of the very first ones so they are doing about 150 a year (where as the initial press from Lotus was upto 100 per year...).

It'll be 3 million profit next year then.... :angry: