free hit
counters
Had a great track day. - Lotus / Motoring / Cars Chat - The Lotus Forums - Lotus Community Partner #ForTheOwners Jump to content

IGNORED

Had a great track day.

ads_green

Had a great track day at Abingdon airfield with MSE. Can't recommend them enough as the day went very smoothly. The only pain I had was a Lexus IS-F diving on the inside under heavy braking (grr) but the marshalls had a word.

One thing I did find - Porsche 911 turbos are fast once they are in their stride :)

My excuse was that I was carrying a 100kilos of ballast called "Alan" :)

All through the racing I've done I've always known that braking is my weakest area but through the day I couldn't help but notice how stunning the brakes are when you lean on them. Was having great fun Evo hunting and whilst some of them were turbo nutter barges on the straights their braking was so early in comparison. Although I have to say I was impressed with their capability to change direction quickly through the chicanes.

Oh - the only other problem was fuel starvation. The course is anti clockwise so predominately left handers and it started coughing with 3/4 tank of fuel so became a real pain to keep going for fuel. Definately going to upgrade to a pro-alloy tank over the winter.

Overall a great day and lovin' the 211 - was never intended to be a keeper but it's looking more and more likely :)

Edited by ads_green

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
  • Replies 1
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic