free hit
counters
Lotus Chassis # location - Misc including parts cross references - The Lotus Forums Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
toddk

Lotus Chassis # location

I recently purchased a 1976 Lotus S1 trying to confirm some history with it, where are all the vin. numbers and chassis numbers located. Thanks so much!

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

The S1 only has its VIN number on a metal plate secured to the bulkhead under the front boot/trunk. There are no numbers stamped onto the metal chassis.

http://www.lotusespr.../VinNumber.html at the bottom of the page.

Welcome to the forum, why not say hello in the Introductions area of the site? Preferably with a photo or two of your new car! biggrin.gif

Thanks so much for the info where is the chassis number located?

I will post the pictures in the introduction site soon I ended up with (2) s1 cars and 1976 and 1977 .

If anyone can tell me the location of the Chassis number that would be great . Thanks Todd

I have to disagree with the previous post! My 1976 S1 does have the chassis number stamped on the chassis - it's on the horizontal bit behind the engine. You wouldn't be able to see it unless you removed the body though, but it is there.

Paul.

Lotus Esprit [meaning] a 1:1 scale Airfix kit with a propensity to catch fire

I have to disagree with the previous post! My 1976 S1 does have the chassis number stamped on the chassis - it's on the horizontal bit behind the engine. You wouldn't be able to see it unless you removed the body though, but it is there.

Paul.

Paul,

your post is the answer to my topic:

thank you

I posted a picture of where on my chassis the number is on this thread...

Chassis number

Paul.

Lotus Esprit [meaning] a 1:1 scale Airfix kit with a propensity to catch fire

Open your bonnet / hood, take a digi camera or mirror and take a photo or look at the underside of the bodywork of the nose around where the Lotus badge is. You should find that last 4 of the VIN/Chassis# hand written. Mine has 165H in black marker pen. Tony K pointed this out when he came to work on my car. Seeing it there is also confirmation that the car has not been front ended.

Edited by GavinS1

Cheers, Gavin