free hit
counters
RV8 Twin Turbo S3 - Page 2 - Esprit 'Project & Restoration' Room - The Lotus Forums Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
wayneb911

RV8 Twin Turbo S3

Thanks Garp

Will look at the turbo side soon. Was planning working on it tonight to start making the adaptor but the missus car is broke so i need to sort that first veryangry.gif

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

Okay so few updates

Junked the water pump for now and will look at either electric or modifying this one. May cut it down to a much shorter size see how it goes!

Engine appears to have been completely rebuilt but never run so fingers crossed its been done properly.

New clutch was fitted. Removed clutch disc and replaced with Lotus one.

Made MDF adapter plate. All lines up well so hopefully it works!! Input shaft to short so will need to have one made or an extension piece added. Mick at Southern GT advised he can do this for me if i provide the measurements or supply him my engine and box and he will work his magic.

Tomorrow i will cut the final template of the adapter and then it will be off to the machine shop. Planning to have a steel one made to ensure its nice and sturdy.

Pictures hopefully will follow tomorrow.

Given up for the night tonight as things were going wrong ans stressing me out!! Made the adapter template but wanted to make a final one but its kept going wrong, couldnt transfer it onto another peice of wood and get it right!!!

Oh well here is some pictures to show my progress so far.

DSC01131.jpg

DSC01132.jpg

DSC01133.jpg

Will have another go at the final template at the weekend. Hopefully i can get it ight this time!!

Good work Wayne!

Sometimes its good to do something else for a day or so when you have a job that you just cant get right. Have a night in with a bottle of wine and a film or something. Next time you get out there Im sure it will go right first time!

Buddsy

"Belief is the enemy of knowing" - Crrow777

IMG_3133.jpg

Friend of mine built that, he built the engine too!

88 Esprit NA, 89 Esprit Turbo SE, Evora, Evora S, Evora IPS, Evora S IPS, Evora S IPS SR, Evora 400, Elise S1, Elise S1 111s, Evora GT410 Sport

Evora NA

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators

He's still a friend?

Life is like a sewer, what you get out of it, depends on what you put into it. (Tom Leahrer)

Had another attempt at making the final adapter tonight and have to say im very pleased with the result. All lines up well. Need to fit the gearbox back tomorrow and drill the final two holes at the bottom for the gearbox then it will be off to the machine shop. Been ringing around and hopefully have a place to make it but if anyone knows off someone who can make it for me can they pass the details. The adapter needs to be 25mm thick preferably alluminium. Will post some pictures of the adapter tomorrow.

Bibs that is totally nasty, your mate needs to be shot!!! Mr. G would love to see it....

Wayne told you a day off would help! :detective:

Buddsy

"Belief is the enemy of knowing" - Crrow777

So were off to the machine shop today to have it made. Hopefully wont take to long to turn it round so i can trial fit the engine for the first time. Adapter will be made from 25mm aluminium.

DSC01160.jpg

DSC01135.jpg

Yes i have spoken to a company who will be making an extension to the shaft i have. I am also going to remove the shaft from the rover box and see what sort of length that is as i may be able to have it re machined to git the lotus box. Think it will be to short though.

Are you having a custom flywheel made? If you are you could include the pilot bearing into the flywheel - like I did.

Has anyone got any more pictures of the Pink Esprit - I would like to see what mods were done to the body.

I'd also be interested to see what airflow mods were done for the inter-coolers and where the inter-coolers are located. Same questions apply to Wayne's planed set up.

Hi,

One of the options for airflow could be what im doing at the moment, I have removed the quarter windows and replaced with perspex, also incorparated a clear nasca duct on each side put into the window, the are 12" in lengh by 81/2 in width witha 2" wide opening in height! should let plenty of fresh air in! and hopefully it will all exit the large meshed hole where the number plate used to be. will get some pics soon.

Regards danny

A

Jason,

I am using the original flywheel as this has been done on the other cars i have seen befor with the V8 fitted.

Danny,

I plan to do the same with the windows except i will be mounting the intercoolers directly behind them for the airflow to run straight through via naca ducts.

I have plenty of pics of the pink car i will post them latter

Well the adapter plate is now at the machine shop. Being done by Southern GT40 in Southampton, shuld be bout week or two so plan to carry on cleaning the gearbox and engine till its ready.

Okay i have spoken to the owner and he has given his permission for me to post these pictures. I will add his email details latter as out the office now so dont hav ethem to hand. Also im sure he will be happy with any feedback and to advise the car is also now up for sale.

As you can see a fair amount of engineering has gone into this and im sure it goes well to. Will let you know when i have also been to see the car to get some installation pictures for my project.

Enjoy.

Tim-sLotus001R.jpg

Tim-sLotus002R.jpg

Tim-sLotus003R-1.jpg

Tim-sLotus004R.jpg

Tim-sLotus005R.jpg

Tim-sLotus006R.jpg

Tim-sLotus007R-1.jpg

Tim-sLotus008R.jpg

Tim-sLotus009R.jpg

Tim-sLotus010R.jpg

Tim-sLotus011R.jpg

Tim-sLotus012R.jpg

Tim-sLotus013R.jpg

Tim-sLotus014R.jpg

Tim-sLotus015R.jpg

Yes i have spoken to a company who will be making an extension to the shaft i have. I am also going to remove the shaft from the rover box and see what sort of length that is as i may be able to have it re machined to git the lotus box. Think it will be to short though.

Hi, I have 25 mm longer original Citroen inputshafts if your interested. One piece with the correct splaines.

cheers,

Harry Martens

www.ds-vitesse.com

with kind regarDS,

Harry Martens

www.ds-vitesse.com

Wayne,

Just to give you an idea of what option you have for the air flow i have fitted out on side at the moment with the naca ducts, and plexi glass in the rear quarters, You can even save the old plastic surround, just need to spray some satin black on few bits and paint the exposed rivets satin black.

Regards danny

A

Cheers for the pics Wayne, my only question is why pink! Some of the mods look alright, the spolier, vents , windows would have to go and defo a colour change and it would be an interesting esprit! Still cant understand why it would be painted pink!... Each to there own though

Regards danny

A

There's a story to it and I'm sure if Cliff knew how to use a computer he'd share it but suffice to stay it started as a bet in a pub over a pint! Notice the black rat on the quarter light, here's the reference on Cliff's later car.

IMG_7650.jpg

88 Esprit NA, 89 Esprit Turbo SE, Evora, Evora S, Evora IPS, Evora S IPS, Evora S IPS SR, Evora 400, Elise S1, Elise S1 111s, Evora GT410 Sport

Evora NA

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators