free hit
counters
Help..! What colour?! - Lotus / Motoring / Cars Chat - The Lotus Forums Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
Guy Munday

Help..! What colour?!

Ok.. here's a bit of fun..

As dealers, we've been asked to advise Lotus of the colour that we would like our first demonstrator to be in. I've been studying colour charts and can't make up my mind.

So, what's the opinion of the forum? Which external colour, leather colour and silver or Stealth Grey wheels?

I've got until Friday 9th January to decide.

Over to you chaps and, as I may well end up selling it to one of you, I promise to take on board your thoughts and will, of course, let you know what I decide.

Guy - Stratton Motor Company

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

Black with gold stripe, non? :D

88 Esprit NA, 89 Esprit Turbo SE, Evora, Evora S, Evora IPS, Evora S IPS, Evora S IPS SR, Evora 400, Elise S1, Elise S1 111s, Evora GT410 Sport

Evora NA

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators

Guest EBORA

Liquid Blue, Chestnut interior and silver wheels would be nice to see!

Btw the italian Evora web site has a great facility where you can change the exterior and interior colours.

exterior

Guy, may i also suggest (which ever colour you decide upon), maybe stealth wheels on one side and charcoal on the other?!

Edited by EBORA

I'm with Bibs, but no gold stripe! Cream interior, silver wheels. But then I'm biased. Having said that, the silver car that did the rounds late last year did look good.

Different colour wheels on each side is a sensational idea for a demonstrator.

Would I consider on a road car. You never get to see both sides at the same time.

The best photographed colour I've seen so far is Canyon Red. Just avoid any block colours (the flat green at the factory in particular didn't suit it). Dark wheels, not silver. No bling please. :D

Guest EBORA
, maybe stealth wheels on one side and charcoal on the other?!

sorry that should have been stealth and silver!

British racing green or Aquamarine with cream interior and silver wheels.

Meanwhile can you choose between silver and black wheels? I did not know that, or least I have not been advised so.

What about Solar Yellow, charcoal interior and dark wheels? :D

Hi Guy,

As you know this was pretty much my first choice but for a demonstrator I am not sure it is right. It may be that bright yellow ("look at me I have a new sports car") is not very PC in credit crunch 2009.

At the factory visit to see the car (thanks again for that!) I asked the same question of the designers, after all they have been living with the car for a long time and have much better taste / judgement than I do... Their favourite was a light metalic grey (graphite? anyway it was a 2009 colour) as this showed off the cars lines.

For wheels the dark colour (again is this called graphite?) would be my choice but only because they dont show the dirt so as a very busy/lazy (delete as appropriate) person I will not have to clean them every 5 mins.

Interior - not sure if the paint and wheels are dark you may need a lighter interior.

Good luck with your choice - at least the rest of us have a bit longer to choose!

Alan

It's sooo tricky! Looking forward to my Hethel visit next week, when there should be a few more VP cars in various colour schemes to help/hinder my decisions.

I like several possibles:

- Canyon Red exterior, Oyster (cream) interior, dark wheels (though silver will be nice on this too)

IMGP6539.jpg

789595-4t.jpg

- Solar Yellow, Charcoal interior, black wheels

Eagleyellowblackfv0_ThanksMarkA.jpg

3145856044_d422b9c0c8_m.jpg

- Liquid Blue, Charcoal, silver

L_wallpaper_1_800x600.jpg

- Quartz Silver (an Evora-only colour?), Oyster, silver (Motorshow car)

2849499054_fc607c933d_m.jpg

2849498430_f9b52ca0df_m.jpg

I've a hunch from previous comments and Exige/Elise demonstrators, that Scott at B&C might get a C-Red/Oyster/Silver demo. So my vote's for traditional Yellow for the Norfolk one!

Just for personal reasons (so I can see it) I'd like Burnt Orange with cream interior (not sure on the wheels, probably Silver), the other one on my list is exactly as VP1 which I'll be able to see.

I couldn't say black or a dark colour I think the design of the car may get lost (I like the look of the B post where the rear glass meets the side - this would get lost but be very visable in white or burnt orange) I disagree about the sports car in credit crunch idea, firstly this is brand new, very flash and is going to be very rare - why not shout it. Lets face any Lambo in yellow/orange has always been over the top, boom time or not and the Evora doesn't carry the same 'excessive' message as something like a lambo. So whilst I wouldn't pick solar yellow (I already drive a yellow car) good luck to anyone who does and it's perfect for a demo. Lets face it you want it for a job before you sell it and a message of 'hey you over there look at me' will get the job done!!

only my opinion

As dealers, we've been asked to advise Lotus of the colour that we would like our first demonstrator to be in. I've got until Friday 9th January to decide.

Guy, does this mean Lotus have also given you a delivery date for it? :D

I think someone said for current models that colours, trims, options have to be finalised by the customer about 6-8 weeks before delivery. But the Evora's a different ballgame (much more interior leather for one!) so timings could be longer. I won't jump to any conclusions ...

Presumably dealer demonstrators are all going to be fully loaded (factory stipulation or dealer choice?), so will be same spec as the first 200 customer cars. Hence presumably why you're choosing colours but not packs.

Ok, this is what I've decided. I will apologise in advance for upsetting most of the forum!

When choosing a demonstrator colour there are many things to consider. The Evora is the most high tech car that Lotus have built and also has a

very good reply, thanks for elaborating on the choice and it makes sense. Personally I would have been a bit braver with my demo but then I don't have a dealership do I. Nice personal choice by the way. Thanks for letting us know.

That makes a lot of sense ... and I'm not upset, because you picked the right combination for your personal car!

Ok,, this is what I've decided. I will apologise in advance for upsetting most of the forum!

STORM TITANIUM - Hi tech, discreet, light enough to show the lines, will never offend customers new to Lotus, doesn't show the dirt.

OYSTER - Smart, picks out feature line through doors/rear seats, less claustrophobic than charcoal.

STEALTH GREY - complements Storm Titanium, doesn't show dirt and brake dust, more sporty.

Many thanks for all the input; it was most valuable and great fun. Now I've managed to upset most of the forum members, I'll just get my coat (and my tin hat)!

Cheers!

For those of us that are in the crinkly territory (65+) this recommendation makes sense. I'd go for this. :D

Also the automatic being discussed makes a lot of sense for much of the U.S. market.

Your 65 driving a 1965 Super Seven II. Respect! I hope I am too although the way my memory is going by then I'll never remember where I left it - or even that it's mine (when a kindly young man witnessing my plight suggests that I arrived in it!) :D