free hit
counters
The Sunday Times - Lotus / Motoring / Cars Chat - The Lotus Forums Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
Bibs

The Sunday Times

Just to say...

Every Evora fan...

Zoom to the newsagents tomorrow...

Zap up a copy of The Sunday Times...

Amazing!!!

88 Esprit NA, 89 Esprit Turbo SE, Evora, Evora S, Evora IPS, Evora S IPS, Evora S IPS SR, Evora 400, Elise S1, Elise S1 111s, Evora GT410 Sport

Evora NA

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

So is Mr Clarkson the first media type to actually drive the Evora....ahead of the official press launch on Monday?

Edited by bingoking

Join Lotus Enthusiasts Group Scotland here!  and on Facebook 

Unless other wise organised somewhere else and details posted on the forum the default location for the LEGS Breakfast meets are on the 1st Sunday of the month at Mannerstons Cafe and Farm Shop EH49 7LY between 10:00am and midday.

You know, just for once, I wish Clarkson would do a 'proper review'. I can accept that Top Gear is now light entertainment but it would be great to see an honest assessment of a car's abilities without all the sarcasm/frippery/irony etc. Having said that, I do believe he actually likes it.

And yes Brian, I guess he is the first. Wonder how he managed that when the launch isn't until Monday? Bibs - you seem to have had an early warning, whats the scoop?

I wouldn't pay too much heed to a star rating when the review itself is very good, the stars are an afterthought gimick to the article. He would have struggled to be more complimentary about the car which is excellent news for Lotus! Double thumbs up.

88 Esprit NA, 89 Esprit Turbo SE, Evora, Evora S, Evora IPS, Evora S IPS, Evora S IPS SR, Evora 400, Elise S1, Elise S1 111s, Evora GT410 Sport

Evora NA

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators

Great write up, especially as a review from JC can make or break a cars reputation. Its good that he is describing it as a supercar (rather than sports car) and also that its a bargin as well!

Bibs - reviews are going to come in fast & furious over the next couple of weeks. Should we have a section of the forum for them?

Alan

I used to be a technology magazine editor and I comissioned a couple of articles from Jeremy Clarkson long before he was famous.

I have to say I think Lotus got lucky with the review. His style is to find something to pick on and use that to generate the contrast. He didn't pick on anything Lotus but on Peugeot. That gave the light relief, and allowed the qualities of the car to come through.

I expect that he got it first because he is the most important motoring journalist and the Sunday Times has a circulation of 2 million. I don't know what percentage of that readers In Gear (which I think is dreadful and lacks focus since it went from Motoring to everything geeky), but of course JC writes for The Sun and Top Gear.

What's great is that he homed in on things Lotus should be weak on and said they did a very good job. Reading it I'd like to see the Evora compared with one of my all-tme favourite cars: the Honda NSX.

Simon

Yes, a good first review, but I don't think he got much of a drive in it - it's very light on driver experience in favour of overall impressions. But for those impressions to say that Lotus have got the quality right is fantastic.

I'll be adding links to reviews at the Launch and Review Knol as they come in.

Jeremy is one of the most important motoring journalists in the world. What he says can make a huge difference to the car. That said I was sure there was an embargo on reporting? Nevermind.

All I can say is Brilliant! He drove it for quite a distance, though it was horrendous weather that week. The only fault he could find was with the Sat Nav, which can be multi adjusted, even he admitted he just didn't listen or read how to use it. To use such words as "revelation", "Amazing" and "Brilliant" is fantastic.

As stated before, the stars are a gimmick and reading the review bear no correlation to the article! Strange, but expected. Jeremy wouldn't be so tacky as to give it a star rating, it was obviously added after.

Overall a great review and look forward to them driving one on TG!!

Possibly save your life. Check out this website.
http://everyman-campaign.org/

Distributor for 'Every Male' grooming products. (Discounts for any TLF members hairier than I am!)

I'm gonna be mighty sad over the next couple of weeks, oh but then i can jump in the 111R andcheer myself up, somewhat! All looks good so far...