free hit
counters
Competition! - Lotus / Motoring / Cars Chat - The Lotus Forums Jump to content

Win this lovely Evora print signed by; Russell Carr, Anthony Bushell and Steve Crijns courtesy of Lotus Cars :rolleyes:

evora.jpg

All you have to do is answer this question:

Which was the first car on which Mike Kimberley & Roger Becker collaborated?

Answers via PM to me please!

The tie breaker, which will be judged by MJK, is to come up with the most interesting, unusual, imaginative etc picture of a matchbox Evora! Please post your entries below before midday on the 1st June 2009...

Usual rules apply,pic max dimensions 800px on longest side, judges decision is final, no cash equivalent yada-yada!

88 Esprit NA, 89 Esprit Turbo SE, Evora, Evora S, Evora IPS, Evora S IPS, Evora S IPS SR, Evora 400, Elise S1, Elise S1 111s, Evora GT410 Sport

Evora NA

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators. I will aim to respond to emails/PM's Mon-Fri 9-6 GMT. 

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
  • Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It appears that the question is perhaps a touch too tricky. Mike started at Lotus in 1969 and Roger in 1972, their first project together was the Esprit.

From now on, there is no question, just post your pics please :rolleyes:

photo-39.jpg

88 Esprit NA, 89 Esprit Turbo SE, Evora, Evora S, Evora IPS, Evora S IPS, Evora S IPS SR, Evora 400, Elise S1, Elise S1 111s, Evora GT410 Sport

Evora NA

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators. I will aim to respond to emails/PM's Mon-Fri 9-6 GMT. 

Lets get this started - a rare photo of the Evora, Esprit and M250 together

(Does this count as "green" as it recyles a post I made a few months ago?)

Alan

post-6-1242382228_thumb.jpg

PS Are we now allowed more than one entry per person?

Yup!

Evora NA

Phew. I'm glad you dropped the question. That was tough. I'd already found their starting dates at Lotus, but after hours scouring the net couldnt pin it down any tighter than that. My next stop was a local library followed by a phone call to a lotus club...

No access to a real matchbox Evora on this side of the globe, so I'll have to be creative. Probably counts me out then :rolleyes:

PM me your address, I'll pick one up and pop it in the post to you :rolleyes:

Evora NA

The print was delivered yesterday, it's very cool!

I'm going to enter myself and I'm off to Nurburgring tomorrow, imagine a toy Evora on the Carousel! There's your winner :rolleyes:

C'mon....!!!

Evora NA

Have fun at the Ring Bibs :rolleyes:

You should have fair weather tomorrow...

Ciao,

JB

'88 Excel SE - monaco white

'99 Elise 111 - azure blue �

'87 TurboEsprit - calypso red

'02 BMW 325ci convertible - diamond black

wwwlotusexceldebannernew300eu5.jpg

http://excelregister.lotusexcel.de

Im gonna enter....just got to get me a matchbox Eveora....and a camera......and a good idea....ill get me coat!

Buddsy

"Belief is the enemy of knowing" - Crrow777

I hate you all :lol:

on Monday I took delivery of the second batch of Evoras from the local paintshop. This makes a palette of now 25 different ones. I'd love to arrange them for a proper picture (something even Lotus hasn't managed to do yet :blink: ), but I am 10.000kms away from them. By the time I'll be back, I am hoping to have the full paint palette sitting on my desk. However, this will be too late for the competition :(

Guest matt

Is this the first photo of an Evora in competition on street/track ?

No surprise that it's well ahead of the field....even with the Batmobile and some other exotic heavy metal in hot pursuit ! :blink:

post-197-1243019107_thumb.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

There are two entries attached. My Evora hasnt arrived yet from a US eBay seller so I had to improvise with images from the net.

Entry 1:

A match race betwee the Evora and Cayman. I had an elaborate scene planned where the Evora passed the Cayman under braking and cornering with distances/frames carefully measured out. The gif file attached is a compromise due to not actually having the matchbox car, but at least the file size is smaller than my grand plan. I'm working under the assumption that an animated gif is acceptable since it is a standard 'image' format - and hoping the novelty of this scores me some brownie points with Kimbers. :blink:

post-20-1243759943_thumb.gif

Entry 2:

The classic car promo shot of a scantily clad woman draped across the car. In the matchbox car world I figured the best analogy of this would include a Barbie doll in a bikini. It was difficult to find an image of Barbie that was close to appropriate. Quite a bit of very crude image manipulation was required and it didn't turn out too badly given my lack of graphical software experience.

post-20-1243759904_thumb.jpg

May the best image win!

Pete

Guest vico

Hello, this is a photo of my EVORA MATCHBOX collection.

I have already put a deposit for the EVORA and I am on the waiting list.

I am from Alberta, Canada and here we are not as lucky, it will take another year to receive it.

In the mean time I have been collecting items related to EVORA and I read the forum daily.

post-416-1243806308_thumb.jpg

Thanks guv'nor!

Well done Matt. Please send me your address and I'll get the signed pic in the post to you :blink:

Evora NA

Guest matt

Fantastic ! I was a bit worried about Pete's barbie/Evora combo for a while...and luckily Bibs' Nurburgring themed entry didn't materialise.

I may well have been reported by the neighbours for taking photos of kids toys in the garden :blink: but it was worth it to have that lovely print.