free hit
counters
The Lotus Forums 'Factory Frolic' 2009 - The Lotus Forums 'Factory Frolic' 2009 - The Lotus Forums Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
Bibs

The Lotus Forums 'Factory Frolic' 2009

This year our forums are coming together for a supermeet; Esprit, 2Eleven and Evora with 250 people attending a weekend extravaganza in Norfolk.

The plan is:

Saturday 17th October - Visit our hotel which is about 4 miles from the factory, check in and freshen up ready for a huge fund raising visit to Cromer on the north Norfolk coast where we'll rattle tins and be met by local radio/papers etc. After this we'll return to the hotel for evening grub in our exclusive 250 person marquee for the charity auction, raffle, fun and games. Bar's open 'til late.

Sunday 18th October - En masse 150+ Lotus convoy to the Lotus Factory where we'll enjoy a great day. Events will include; Track 'parade' laps in your car, road drive in an Evora (every person can have a go!), Factory Tours, shop visit, ASO auto jumble, styling talks from Russell Carr/Steve Crijns, technical talks from Rob Savin/Roger Becker, Evora track demonstration laps, Classic Team Lotus cars, Evora development story, Lotus product displays, Lotus workshop, Lotus Sport and more. Lunch will be included and there will be beauticians on site to offer treatments to those not quite so interested in the cars, a family event! Goodie bags for all attendees and more!

The 4* luxury hotel is offering a huge discount on rooms, it's a beautiful venue and I'll post details for the reservations number and codes shortly, we've even negotiated 10% off the bar prices!!!

Tickets will be offered firstly to those who wish to attend the whole weekend and are limited in numbers. If we don't have enough weekend attendees then we'll offer Sunday only tickets but this is unlikely.

We did this before in '06, raised

88 Esprit NA, 89 Esprit Turbo SE, Evora, Evora S, Evora IPS, Evora S IPS, Evora S IPS SR, Evora 400, Elise S1, Elise S1 111s, Evora GT410 Sport

Evora NA

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

TLFFactoryFrolicflyer.jpg

*Please note that the Sunday only tickets will be available shortly however priority is being given to those who will be attending all weekend.

88 Esprit NA, 89 Esprit Turbo SE, Evora, Evora S, Evora IPS, Evora S IPS, Evora S IPS SR, Evora 400, Elise S1, Elise S1 111s, Evora GT410 Sport

Evora NA

Driving it! It would be a bit rubbish offering an Evora experience without giving you the chance to have a go!

Evora NA

You'll have a lovely time, look forward to meeting you matey :)

Evora NA

Re the Ts and Cs: "You must be over 25 years of age to ..... take part in the parade lap with your own vehicle."

My 15yo lad is keen to come along too - he's not planning to drive my Lotus (!), but before I buy a ticket for him, I just wanted to check that he was OK to take part in the parade lap as a passenger?

Also, it looks like we can only make the Sunday - approximately what time will the convoy will be setting off for Hethel?

Can somebody tell me if there is a minimum age limit for the event or hotel - obviously not expecting the 8yr DS to participate in the Evora drive as a driver, but he may accept being strapped to the roof - joking.... honestly.....this time :) ), but he would like to come/be dragged along.

OH is being persuaded/worked on/over to bring the Evora along, possibly, may be ...if nobody breathes on it :( - joking again, icy glare stabbing me in the back :huh:

Deposit Paid 25.07.08

Delivery Date: 10.09.08

No one has, we'll be sending them out before the event, rest assured :)

Evora NA

If you're coming along to the frolic and wish to stay at the hotel, please try to book before Friday as the hotel are releasing our rooms back to the public then.

Evora NA

The first batch of tickets have been posted today.

So, who from here is coming along? It's the weekend after next, tickets are still available! :)

Evora NA

still awaiting delivery date to see if i am coming.

Was at the factory on Monday and saw my car in the final line of 'quality control / checking' just one car from the front, so very close to the exit door (i hope).

If it gets delivered in time i will be there (getting close now and getting very excited)

:)

construction and property consultants : My company

If you don't get it, you can come along and drive someone else's! :)

Evora NA

Got my ticket today :) but hardly any info about timing for the weekend :lol:

What time are we gathering at DH on Sat, for convoy on Sun, approx finish on Sun etc? I'm planning on dropping in at Strattons on Sat am, so trying to work out if I travel up Fri night or Sat am.

We're still waiting for the council to confirm Saturday, will most likely be 1.30 in the car park @ Dunston to leave at 2pm for Cromer.

7.30 in the car park on Sunday for an 8am leave, the tickets show what time we should be arriving. Should be there until 5pm.

There will be an info pack posted before the event.

Evora NA

Hi

Noticed on the ticket that arrival at Lotus on Sunday is between 7.45am & 8.30am.

As we're staying at another hotel (& breakfast isn't til 8am), do we have to join up with the convoy or can we make our own way to Lotus & if we're a little late will we still be able to get in ?

Cheers

Shades

Well what a fantastic day! I thoroughly enjoyed it from start to finish: from the convoy in, to the "access all areas" factory tour, track laps in my Elan, 45 mins talk from Russell Carr on exterior and interior Evora styling, not forgetting the highlight: the Evora test drive - I want one! And then a packed goody bag full of Evora merchandise to take away.

A big thanks to all the organisers, especially the Lotus volunteers on the day who were all incredibly helpful.

same here, very impressed by Lotus staff and setup.

maybe a little too much personal attention at Hethel, but in the end a lot of information and pictures - Scura, Evora etc. :P and yes, the colour to have is isotope, period. Couldn't be bothered with the Dunston Hall event on Saturday, had too much to do and see at Riverside, so gave it a miss and considered the prepaid tickets a contribution to charity. Met Paul P. and had a splendid drive with him and the Evora - albeit very squeaky rear seats :lol::)

Event altogether did show the Lotus family spirit, however waiting times were a bit bothersome at times. Schedules were a quest all time long, the hunt for Esprits in Cromer springs to mind. OTH we managed to sneak just in front of the convoy this morning on the A11 :)

Many thanks to Bibs & Laura plus the folks at Lotus and dealers who came from near and far. Really enjoyed the weekend! Will do more of a write up over the next few days - have lots of pics and some short video clips of the test drivers taking the Evoras on track :lol:

Highlights for me included: looking round Strattons (rare Astons, Caparo, Morgan, original Europa), the sight of a long line of (mostly) Esprits behind me on the convoy runs, test driving the Evora again (overtaking two other Evoras :)) and following the Evora pace car round the Hethel test track in the Elise :)

Having been on the previous LEF Esprit Factory visit I really wish I could have been there this time but alas the dates didn't work for me

Sounds like you all had fun.

So what is a Scura?

Join Lotus Enthusiasts Group Scotland here!  and on Facebook 

Unless other wise organised somewhere else and details posted on the forum the default location for the LEGS Breakfast meets are on the 1st Sunday of the month at Mannerstons Cafe and Farm Shop EH49 7LY between 10:00am and midday.

Scura is the limited edition Exige S 260 being launched at Tokyo. Matt black & carbon fibre - very stealthy.

Couldn't be bothered with the Dunston Hall event on Saturday, had too much to do and see at Riverside, so gave it a miss and considered the prepaid tickets a contribution to charity.

You missed the best bit! Had I known you wouldn't be coming we'd had put your pie and champagne in the collection bucket. Your ticket paid for food and drink for you, we order this in advance so none of your ticket cost goes to charity if you don't turn up.

Great event, I've just got home so will write up a nice story from my perspective over the next few days. Good to see you Tom :)

Evora NA