free hit
counters
The Lotus Forums 'Factory Frolic' 2009 - Page 2 - The Lotus Forums 'Factory Frolic' 2009 - The Lotus Forums Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
Bibs

The Lotus Forums 'Factory Frolic' 2009

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

You can do that anywhere mate. An evening with friends having a great laugh and raising money for a good cause plus presentation/speech with MJK only happened in one place at one time and you missed it. I didn't spend months organising it for laughs, you should have come and you would have enjoyed yourself.

Stefan, I've very little interest in going round and round in circles with you so this is my last post on this subject. It would have been nice if I'd have known this before and I could have saved

I didn't start it and I don't feel the need to defend myself. You asked for an explanation, I gave it.

I will not comment on "the spirit of the event".

I had a near-perfect day out at Hethel, was very impressed by the Lotus folks and their presentation

of the Evora and my thanks go to everybody involved. No need for a discussion of any kind.

http://www.edp24.co....3A41%3A01%3A573

Lotus convoy snakes its way across Norfolk

briscoek20091018154705.jpg

Lotus Owners Club members leave Dunston Hall in a convoy of cars for their charity drive to Cromer.

A convoy of dozens of super cars snaked their way from Norwich to Cromer at the weekend, drawing admiring glances from those along the route - all in the name of fun and charity.

All carried the Lotus marque, with models ranging in age across four decades and brands including the Esprit, Elise, Exige and Elan M100.

Dubbed the 'factory frolic 2009' and organised by the Lotus Forum, the weekend event was made up of the Saturday drive from Dunston Hall on the edge of Norwich, via Acle and Stalham, finishing in Cromer, then an evening dinner with charity auction, followed by a Sunday visit to the Hethel headquarters of Lotus for a factory tour and track events.

Those track events included test driving of the Evora, the newest mid-2008 addition to the Lotus stable.

The drivers in the Saturday convoy included international visitors from Canada, the US, Finland, Germany and Denmark, several who had brought their cars from their home countries to take part.

"It was quite some sight for people driving the other way or for anyone standing by the roadside," said one of the organisers Tony Kimberley, whose father is the recently retired chief executive of Lotus, Mike Kimberley.

"People were waving and cheering and taking photographs as we passed, it was a lot of fun for everyone."

The convoy stopped at the Runton Road car park in Cromer and participants walked into town for traditional seaside fish and chips and café visits, said Mr Kimberley.

A dinner on Saturday evening back at Dunston Hall included an auction of various donated lots, plus a surprise presentation to Mike Kimberley of a painting by well known car artist Guy Allen featuring Mr Kimberley surrounded by the various cars he had been involved in designing over many years.

These included the likes of the E-type Jaguar as well as all the Lotus models, said his son: "He has been incredibly supportive of the Lotus Forum over the years, attending many of our events all over the place, so we wanted to show some gratitude."

The weekend events were set to raise several thousand pounds, added Mr Kimberley, although a final total was not yet known.