free hit
counters
Aftermarket Exhaust Options - Engine & Ancilliaries/Gearbox - The Lotus Forums Jump to content

Aftermarket Exhaust Options

Blueflame, a well established and well known aftermarket exhaust manufacturer based in Lancashire are looking for a lucky Evora owner to help them with developing a new performance exhaust for the Evora. In exchange for a loan of your car for 2/3 days you'll have a custom fitted stainless steel tuned exhaust manufactured to the highest standards, for free! Once the product is developed and in the market, Evoraforum members will benefit from discounts on the system.

If you'd be interested, please either post below or PM me and I'll put you in touch with the owner :)

http://www.blueflameperformance.com/cars.php

88 Esprit NA, 89 Esprit Turbo SE, Evora, Evora S, Evora IPS, Evora S IPS, Evora S IPS SR, Evora 400, Elise S1, Elise S1 111s, Evora GT410 Sport

Evora NA

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators. I will aim to respond to emails/PM's Mon-Fri 9-6 GMT. 

• 3 weeks later...

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
  • Replies 151
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Hi chaps had my car fitted with sports exhauts from blue flame, it looks and sounds great, they told me the evora has 3 cats two with sensors and one without ,the one without has now gone and the new

Posted Images

Just a quick bump for this, any interest from anyone?

88 Esprit NA, 89 Esprit Turbo SE, Evora, Evora S, Evora IPS, Evora S IPS, Evora S IPS SR, Evora 400, Elise S1, Elise S1 111s, Evora GT410 Sport

Evora NA

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators. I will aim to respond to emails/PM's Mon-Fri 9-6 GMT. 

There was a yellow car at the Frolic with one, it would have been at home on the race track, it's a superb note :)

Evora NA

It's an option available from Lotus via your local Dealer - part number LOTAC05504 - £649.99 + VAT. Over 20 sold already, get in quick! :)

http://www.thelotusf...20Processed.WAV

http://www.thelotusf...ed%20Stereo.WAV

http://www.thelotusf...ed%20Stereo.WAV

http://www.thelotusf...20Processed.WAV

Evora NA

What do you mean for the official sports exhaust? Is it the one included in the sport pack?

The Sport pack does not include anything to do with the exhaust other than the titanium tail pipes which as far as I know are only for show. Nobody has really mentioned them making any difference to the exhaust note. It is mainly the cross drilled brakes and black calipers, sport button which changes different parameters in the traction control system allowing more slip before Nanny catches you and the higher rev limit for brief periods. Also changes the throttle mapping giving a faster response which is quite noticeable. I also think you get additional oil cooler or something if in the UK which is standard in warmer climates anyway.

On another note (Like the pun? :thumbdown: )

Has anybody yet been able to hear the two systems beside each other for comparision? I quite like the idea of a nicer sounding exhaust for certain times but also quite enjoyed the quiet relaxing drive when on long distance cruise control so now am in a quandry. A lot of money to make more noise that you maybe don't want. Does anybody know if it has any other benefit like freeing up any ponies? (this is called trying to justify the expense!)

Edited by Al.

A LEGS man and proud to declare it! Lotus Enthusiasts Group Scotland

Autocar's Best UK Drivers Car 2009. Car's Performance Car of the Year 2009; Evo's Car of the Year 2009. Top Gear Sports Car of the Year 2009

At the factory for the Frolic I heard the yellow sports exhausted car and then one of the standard cars for comparison. First time was static and second time with the cars on track. Sports exhaust is firmly on my list. At cruising revs I don't think you'll notice - you're only doing 2000/2500 rpm at 70 in 6th IIRC. But work it up the rev range and you'll love it. Not quite as addictive as the supercharger and induction whine on the Elise or the turbo whoosh on the Elan with the drainpipe exhaust though, but the Evora's supposed to be a more refined car isn't it? wink.gif

At the factory for the Frolic I heard the yellow sports exhausted car and then one of the standard cars for comparison. First time was static and second time with the cars on track. Sports exhaust is firmly on my list. At cruising revs I don't think you'll notice - you're only doing 2000/2500 rpm at 70 in 6th IIRC. But work it up the rev range and you'll love it. Not quite as addictive as the supercharger and induction whine on the Elise or the turbo whoosh on the Elan with the drainpipe exhaust though, but the Evora's supposed to be a more refined car isn't it? wink.gif

Thanks Tom (& Bolly Girl). Only thing is I not sure Santa will stretch to the new 27" Apple all singing and dancin thingy and a sport exhaust. :thumbdown:

Autocar's Best UK Drivers Car 2009. Car's Performance Car of the Year 2009; Evo's Car of the Year 2009. Top Gear Sports Car of the Year 2009

• 2 weeks later...

Drove up to the factory today (short 250 mile round trip...) to have the sports exhaust fitted...

It sounds great - and not intrusive at cruising revs on the motorway. I think pedestrians probably get the best deal...i suddenly took a liking to driving with the window down - really makes a big difference in the noise accelerating from a standstill - you hear the exhaust's new (more noisy) sporty note then the usual engine sound from 4000rpm kicks in and it all adds a new sense of urgency that you will want to keep repeating !

Visually...the tailpipes have a sort of bluish tinge and you can see the silencer box is shorter so it has kind of brackets going to the anchor points at the edge towards the wheels where probably before there was more silencer - not a very good description sorry - it just looks different. It's also around 5kg lighter i believe.

Anyway, i'm pleased with it - good to be a bit different....

What's next...? Anything else out there Bibs for me to blow the kids school funds on?

Anyone behind you will think they're following the horsemen of the apocolypse, it's a great noise!

Mat, in fashionable circles I understand accessories are this years must have...

http://www.thelotusforums.com/shop/45-evora

:)

Evora NA

I took the Castle Demo out last week (when collecting my car from its first service).

Their demo car now has the sports exhaust - so i wanted to compare it to my standard exhaust (and also compare my sports ratio box with the standard one - but more of that elsewehere/later - nice teaser there....LOL)

Anyway - i took the demo car out for a 30min spin.

When driving sedately there is a slightly deeper humm about the sports exhaust - it sounds more meaty but is certainly not intrusive.

I also did a couple of 5 min treks along a dual carriageway at circa 70-80 and the noise was again not intrusive.

However, as Matt said, when you put your foot down, the deeper sound is certainly noticable.

By the time i got back i was thinking it actually wasnt loud enough or different enough from the standard. Sure its noticable but it is quite subtle.

However, when i got back into my car (with the standard exhaust) - the quietness of the standard exhaust was instantly noticable and as i drove home, I started to miss the deeper sound from the sports exhaust.

If it were a

construction and property consultants : My company

There must be a performance increase. On an NA car a free flow exhaust will add 'some' bhp, even small numbers but it will be an increase.

Evora NA

Thanks for the info on this thread - keep it coming - like others I had thought the car could do with a noise ore befitting of the performance, but not at the expense of every day refinement - shame it doesn't have a flappy valve type jobbie really. I was going to order one but perhaps will wait til I have driven / heard one myself. Glad to hear other thoughts on the topic.

Thanks for the info on this thread - keep it coming - like others I had thought the car could do with a noise ore befitting of the performance, but not at the expense of every day refinement - shame it doesn't have a flappy valve type jobbie really. I was going to order one but perhaps will wait til I have driven / heard one myself. Glad to hear other thoughts on the topic.

I am with you on this one particularly re the solenoid valve idea and with Beady on the relative cost of the damn thing for some very limited improvements some of the time. Certainly not a clean cut case that it might be at

Al - in my 20's i used to do a lot of work on my cars...MG Midget / MG BGT (they needed a lot of work as you can imagine, including putting a new full exhaust&manifold onto the BGT) - but nowadays i don't have time or inclination really to endure the red raw hands / scrapes / cuts and frustration...maybe different if i had a nice warm garage (or even a garage would be nice) but then i'd rather fiddle with a classic car than a new one.

The kit seems to be the smaller silencer box and fairly short length of pipes - i guess probably joining onto the downpipe of the manifold (i.e. manifold isn't replaced). I'm not sure what the monifold looks like - i.e. if the 2 cylinder banks join into 1 pipe which attaches to this bit of exhaust or if there are 2 joins - I'll try and have a closer look but it's quite hard to see.

As to fitting - it was done at Lotus - it was the first one they had fitted and they had a few niggles but no real problems. Lotus sport didn't develop the exhaust - it was done by the Evora team so I think just a bit of a learning curve for them. I was also having new door seals fitted so it was with them for about 3 hours in total...and i got a pretty good deal on labour costs for the exhaust - as you say, adding 2 hours labour onto an already quite expensive item is probably a deal killer...

finding info on the exhaust is pretty difficult - i got these pictures from a japanese website !!

post-5994-1258623396_thumb.jpg

post-5994-125862338561_thumb.jpg

• 2 months later...

I have now joined the Lotus Sports exhaust club.

I think this should really be the standard item. if you buy one expecting the car to be transformed to an M3-rasp or similar you will be disappointed, but it certainly makes a more gutteral throaty sound which is more akin to what you'd expect of a V6 sports car.

There are a few burbles on over-runs too. It's not intrusive (given relatively low revs) on motorway runs. i'd recommend it - but can't say I think it offers great value at the full fitted price.

Hi Joe & Denise. If you don't mind posting it can you say how much you paid from your dealers and which ones, to have it fitted please. You can always PM me if you don't want to post.

On Tuesday I was dropping car off at dealer again as I headed back offshore and he offered me the amazing deal of 750 fitted knocked down from 1000 supposedly as he had done a deal to buy 5. I was frankly shocked at how much he was suggesting standard fit was as I was sure Forum prices had indicated much cheaper but couldn't remember. Now I do after reading Beadys post.