free hit
counters
Tyres - Page 14 - Ride/Handling/Suspension/Brakes/Wheels/Tyres - The Lotus Forums Jump to content

i did the swap from OEM P0 (mo , mo1 ) to pss end of lest year. the reason was the poor longevity of the rear tyres around 10 000 km.

after road use and trackdays , on road , no significant difference with PO regarding noise and wet handling .

on track real difference on the adherence of the rear tyres. the pss are fun , progressive but are far from the PO grip.on the front it makes no problem , this give much more oversteer than before.

notice you have the same kind of difference between oem PO and PO silver .

if you use your car on road , pss are a good choice as they are supposed to last longer. if you go to track just be aware that the car balance will be changed a bit.

my car is LE evora with Komotec 300.

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

Well, my car feels much better with the new Pirellis on, but maybe I'll switch to PSS next time. Thanks for the feedback Scarrion! I certainly don't mind a little more oversteer! When I first bought the car, it had P Zeros on the front, and Nangkang rears. They were actually ok, and certainly made for very easy,  progressive oversteer in the wet.

On 9 May, 2016 at 07:43, SCARRION said:

notice you have the same kind of difference between oem PO and PO silver .

What are PO silver?   I have 18's on the front and want a softer compound but the corsa's do not come in 18' for our size.

More oversteer? I had thought the PSS were stickier.  Bummer.

I'm thinking of ZZR's on the front but I don't know if road use will kill them in short order? 

There are different type of PO for a given size. 

The evora uses in standard mercedes specified tyres M0 and M01 which are soft. But there are also audi specification A0 , porsche specification N...

the generic P0 is silver , harder for longer road use but less efficient. 

My feedback concerning PSS , i used the generic version and not the M0 which exist. The front are more stickier and the rear less. Maybe the trick is to find the same original specification as for the P0. 

Thanks. So there are different versions of PSS like for the PO, I did not know this. Good stuff. So I can order the softest from Michelin if the supplier can tell me which are softest but so far I have not found any dealer who can/are willing to find out to tell me. Are M0 the softest, does anyone know for sure?

Totally with you. Just want confirmation which type is softest. I will email michelin motorsport and ask. But if they are like Pirelli I will get the answer "we cannot tell you, they are manufacturer specified", which is bullshit as they know and the right contact would be able to tell me but I don't know anyone at Pirelli to get the answer from.

After 75'000 Miles (on 2 Evoras) driven on P-Zeros only, I switched the first time to Michelin. 

Consensus: the Michelin are "softer", "more confortable" ... a bit "baloony" comparing with the P Zero. I use my Evora very frequent on mountain roads, where grip is a must. Here I feel, the Pirelli is sharper, more curvespeed "with good feeling" makable. Now I will see, what about milages makeable the rears on the P Zero were always down after 4500 Miles. 

Let me say it this way: from age 20 to 40: use the P Zero.... 45 years of age passed: it is the Michelin. 

The reason why I switched to Michelin: I had a terrible sawtooth creating enormous noise from the front tires and my mechanic said: to put the P Zeros on the wheel it is always a fight. 

@anubis1 will be interesting what you will tell us about the mileage of the Michelin in comparable conditions - I was told by a guy who has been working for the local Ferrari dealer that he thinks the Michelin will have a lower mileage than the p Zero because the pss is softer..........well actually I am very satisfied with the p Zero Corsa 19 / 20